HOLT Texas Ltd.
Job Summary: This position is responsible for the day-to-day management and onsite operation of Power Systems projects nationwide. Responsibilities include the scheduling of projects, managing and receiving shipments, reviewing equipment for completeness and quality, prioritizing tasks for field personnel, and attending meetings. This position requires communication with the Project Manager, Customer, and the contractors on the job site. Supervises all installation activities, ensuring the safety and compliance of projects as assigned by the Engineering Manager.
The incumbent in this position is expected to model the following practices on a daily basis: 1) Demonstrate alignment with the company's mission and core business values; 2) Collaborate with key internal/external resources; 3) Participate in ongoing self-development.
- Develops, evaluates, and influences effective and consistent productivity and teamwork to ensure the delivery of Legendary Customer Service (LCS).
- Evaluates prioritize and implement project work plans for PSD in order to optimize customer satisfaction and company profitability.
- Develops, and maintains, effective business relationships vital to project success and to communicating project expectations and goals
- Proactively communicates project status, challenges, and risks to management while minimizing HOLT’s exposure and risk on projects
- Develops work processes and strategies for delivery through the startup of equipment.
- Executes plans using available resources, and maintains timeline and cost controls with a strong focus on safety.
- Evaluate site locations as needed to ensure on-time delivery and setting of the equipment.
- Performs daily Quality Assurance (QA) and Quality Control (QC) to ensure compliance with drawings and ensure any defects are corrected in a timely manner.
- Manages installation to project schedule to ensure on-time delivery and completion.
- Ensures all regulations are met and required permits are acquired, including coordinating with General Contractor
- Proactively identifies the elements of proposed project designs and construction requirements that could lead to disputes, claims, increased cost, or could adversely impact the image of the organization
- Provides professional oversite in order to ensure the completion in a timely manner and within budget
- Monitors evaluates and reports the ongoing status of projects operationally and financially
- Communicates effectively with both internal departments and external subcontractors and suppliers when revisions and/or addendums are required
- Oversees the field operations management including the execution of subcontracts and processes
- Selects vendor, contractor, and/or subcontractor as needed, ensuring that they provide exemplary, professional service in the most cost-efficient manner
- Oversees the subcontractors assigned to specific tasks and provides feedback and direction as needed
- Maintains consistent and accurate records of activities throughout projects to include final reviews of projects post-completion
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management.
- Works safely at all times and adheres to all applicable safety policies; complies with all company policies, procedures, and standards
- Performs other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong technical aptitude and understanding of electrical power generation and principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources, leadership technique, and coordination of people and resources
- Knowledge of project management practices, procedures, and processes
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including formal presentation skills before small and large groups
- Strong working knowledge of computer and related software with the ability to learn/use new computer programs including MS Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project as well as Smart Sheet to the extent of an ERP system, S.I.S Web, DBS, Solid Works and supporting business software.
- Knowledge of data visualization tools, reporting timelines, and project updates
- Ability to intake a concept and develop until a vetted solution is implemented
- Excellent verbal, written, and communication skills
- Exceptional customer service and relationship-building skills; customer retention
- Excellent interpersonal skills to establish working relationships with multiple departments and various levels of the organization
- Time management skills in order to develop plans for structuring self and others to attain maximum productivity by establishing deadlines, milestones, tasks, resources, and achievement of goals and work results
- Ability to work on multiple projects and deal effectively with employees, team members, and management
- Ability to be self-starting, self-motivated, be a leader, and translate strategy into action
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills to apply logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, approaches, and prevention of problems
- Ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from a group of managers, coworkers, customers (internal and external), or the general public
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required, Degree or Technical Degree preferred
- Minimum of three years experience in project management or five years experience in heavy equipment or construction management preferred
- One year of power generation experience or one year of construction experience required
- Valid Driver’s license required
- Extensive travel is to be expected, up to 80% travel, to include overnight and up to two-week durations
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each job duty and responsibility satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform job duties and responsibilities
- This position involves extended periods in a stationary position, standing, and walking; additionally, occasionally kneeling, crouching, and stooping
- This role frequently communicates with others, must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations
- Constant movement and use of limbs; this position requires good manual dexterity, coordination, and stamina
- Occasionally moves materials or equipment weighing up to 25 lbs.
- Routinely reacts to visual, auditory, and other signals, including alarms and instructions, and is required to visually inspect work
Ascend/descend with gradual or continuous progress by oneself, using both hands and feet and climbing up and down a ladder
- This job is generally performed in a professional office environment, in environmentally controlled conditions and outdoor conditions on Jobsite
- Works outdoors and may be exposed to weather extremes conditions that include inclement weather, heat, cold, and humidity
- Frequently works at a fast pace with unscheduled interruptions
- Noise level may be loud at times
Disclaimer: Please note that the above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not to be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of the incumbents so classified. All incumbents may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities, as needed.