Construction Superintendent (Bedford Hills, NY)
Cortlandt Manor, NY
At Jacobs, what we do is more than construction; we play a part in moving a vision from concept to reality. If you’re interested in a rewarding career working on ENR's #1 Construction Management-for-Fee firm, then Jacobs is where you belong.
Our Collborative project team is seeking a Construction Superintendent to oversee, coordinate and manage all onsite construction activities in close collaboration with the Project Manager. You’ll be responsible for coordinating contractor’s daily work activities, resolve contractors’ questions, and participate in resolution of design issues. You’ll have knowledge of the project and construction progress across all trades/scopes of work, develop and communicate a project work plan, monitor manpower and performance against that work plan, and be perform a detailed comparison of the design drawings against each other to ensure coordination between each of the various project trades.
Located in Bedford Hills, NY; the initial project is expected to be multi-year with little to no travel, with subsequent project work available across a statewide multi-year program. Through direct employment with Jacobs you will have world class resources made available to empower you to grow and succeed both in your immediate project role and over the course of your construction career.
- High School Diploma
- 6+ years of experience in construction involving multiple phases of large-scale buildings/rehabilitation projects
- 4+ years of this experience as an Assistant Superintendent on large scale, multi-contract buildings projects
- Demonstrated working knowledge of building systems/components and technology, contract management, project delivery methods, team building and client relationship building required
- Work will require access to secure facilities and employment will be dependent on clearing a criminal background check
Ideally, You’ll Also Have:
- OSHA 30 Hour Certification
- Experience managing constructing projects with significant low voltage system and/or security system SOW
*No sponsorship is available for this position*