Construction Superintendent, Canastota, NY
Job ID: 423479
Callanan Industries, Inc., a CRH Company, was founded in 1883 as an aggregate mining company. Over a century later, Callanan Industries, Inc. continues to be a leading supplier of paving materials and construction services, providing a complete range of high quality aggregates, asphalt paving, and ready mix concrete products to state, federal, municipal, commercial, and private customers with operations throughout New York State. Callanan Industries, Inc. was purchased by CRH Americas in 1985.
Job Description Summary:
Ulster Paving Company is seeking a Heavy Highway Construction Superintendent. Job responsibilities will include, but not limited to, the supervision of Heavy Highway Contracts. This position is responsible for planning, directing, and coordinating activities of designated projects to ensure that goals or objectives of projects are accomplished within prescribed time frames and funding parameters.
• Willingness to travel within a radius of two hours of the Canastota, NY area.
• Ability to work both days and nights and be flexible with last minute schedule changes, location changes, time of shift changes.
• Ensure a safe work environment by overseeing compliance with all safety policies
• Prior experience in Heavy Highway construction supervision with NYSDOT & Thruway specifications and plans.
• Must be able to prepare schedules and other materials for preconstructions meetings for NYSDOT.
• Be able to complete a NYSDOT job from start to finish.
• Must be able to interact with Owners, Consultants, Subcontractors and Suppliers.
• Qualified candidates will be self-motivated, conscientious, and work well as a team member.
• Review project proposal and plans to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing and equipment requirements and allotment of available resources to various phases of project.
• Assist with bidding process.
• Direct and coordinate activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
• Ability to adhere to Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) policy and maintain individual PPE in a functional condition
• Physical exam, drug screen and background check required before being employed by Callanan Industries - Ulster Paving Company
• High school diploma or equivalent preferred, but not required.
• Prior experience in Heavy Highway construction supervision with NYSDOT & Thruway.
What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Callanan Industries, Inc., a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.