LFG Specialties, LLC
Fort McCoy, WI
The APTIM Federal Services, LLC team was recently awarded The Fort McCoy Barracks Renovaiton Project in Wisconsin. APTIM will be performing Reconstruction of 212 Barracks utilized by the Operation Allies Welcome. The Work being performed is general construction, in typical structural, mechanical, finishes, plumbing, and exterior construction.
We are currently seeking a construction superintendent at Fort McCoy. The Candidate will be the superintendent for the project field activities onsite. Must ensure all construction is in compliance with design drawings and specifications, is completed on schedule, adheres to budget, meets accounting requirements and is built to quality standards. Project Field Supervision of Crafts, Subcontractors and Field Staff and overall Budget Performance as well as management of the overall site. Perform other duties as required.
- Monitor and implement safety and quality programs
- Ensure project conformance to national, local and building codes
- Implements the construction portion of the assigned project through day-to-day direction of all field activities and is responsible for all job site activities.
- Short-term schedule preparation
- Oversees the daily construction activities at work site, including scheduling of workers, delivery of equipment and materials, and progress of the project.
- Works with contractors to complete project within the given budget and schedule.
- Must implement a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures to efficiently plan the work.
- Subcontractor scope review
- Prepare responses to correspondence containing routine inquiries.
- Sets priorities for the team to ensure task completion; coordinates work activities with other supervisors
- Uses operational and supervisory expertise to solve problems within own area
- Interprets customer needs and assesses requirements
- Works within budget to meet operational objectives set by manager
- Coordinates and sets priorities for resources to meet deadlines
- Manages performance of employees through task assignments, ongoing skill assessment and coaching.
- Ability to talk to clients, solve problems, and attention to detail with proper paperwork
- Ability to prioritizes and organizes own work to meet agreed upon deadlines
- Works with others to achieve team goals.
- Must have 5+ years relevant experience.
- Must have experience working with craft resources
- 30-Hour OSHA Construction Safety Course
- First Aid and CPR, preferred
- Competent Person Training, preferred
- USACE Construction Quality Management certificate, preferred
- Experience with OSHA and USACE EM 385-1-1