Construction Superintendent – Lunenburg, MA
Job ID: 473619
P.J. Keating Company, a CRH company, is a leading manufacturer of aggregate and HMA products and Paving and Construction in Massachusetts and Rhode Island. We operate aggregate and Hot Mix Asphalt (HMA) production facilities in Acushnet, Dracut, and Lunenburg, Massachusetts as well as Cranston, Rhode Island. Our modern facilities, veteran paving crews, experienced construction management team and large investment in plants and equipment make us one of the largest and most efficient producers in the state of Massachusetts as well as one of only two RIDOT approved stone suppliers in the state of Rhode Island.
Are you looking for opportunities and benefits of a large corporation with a small company feel? Then P.J. Keating Company and CRH is the company for you! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today!
- Ensures the safety of crew members and the public on all projects.
- Assures compliance with all company and safety policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the supervision and coordination of workers engaged in Site and Roadway construction
- Training new crew members.
- Oversees job sites to ensure progress in meeting time schedules, sufficient utilization of workers, and equipment.
- Responsible for P&L on projects.
- Maintains time and materials records necessary to complete daily job costing.
- Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, final product quality and crew performance.
- High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED). Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 2+ years of construction and paving industry experience.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Environmental, Health, & Safety Manual.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Comprehensive understanding of MADOT regulations and project specifications relating to construction and paving activities
- Knowledge of safe equipment operation and efficiency.
- Proven capability to direct employees effectively.
- Abide by established Guiding Principles: Integrity, Communication, Recognition, Action and Results Oriented, Positive Attitude, Work Ethic, Growth and Development, and Commitment.
- Ensure that the workplace is kept in a neat, clean, and safe condition.
- Display professional and respectful attitude to co-workers, supervisors, and the general public.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
- Must be willing to be available during non-business hours to handle last minute scheduling changes etc. (i.e. nights and weekends).
Personal Protective Equipment
- Employees are required to wear personal protective equipment in designated operations and construction areas as outlined by P.J. Keating Company. Protective equipment that may be required, but not limited to, for this position: Hardhat, safety glasses, reinforced toed shoes, hand protection, safety vest/high visibility clothing for any work in the field.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is required to sit, walk, stand, climb, crawl, bend, kneel, reach above shoulders, and lift up to 50 pounds for periods of time.
- The employee must be able to drive a company vehicle to various work sites throughout the state.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust to focus both during daytime hours and nighttime hours.
What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
P.J. Keating Company, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.