Haynes Group, Inc.
HAYNES DEVELOPMENT IS SEEKING an experienced Construction Superintendent with drive, passion, and energy to change people’s lives! Quarry Walk is one Haynes Development project which is a unique and stunning “town within a town” where all the daily needs of residents are steps away. The Construction Superintendent will work with a team to complete Quarry Walk residential and commercial properties and to participate in the Haynes vision of future projects.
Under the general direction of the President\Owner the Construction Superintendent provides guidance and leadership for all organizational areas, functions and activities of the construction group. Oversees the planning and coordination of construction projects, both residential and commercial, and develops and provides open channels of communications that permit positive interactions with project management, estimating, equipment management, subcontractors, vendors and owners.
Clearly promotes Haynes vision and core values to all staff.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible in supervising construction projects and managing warranty services.
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers and address issues and concerns in a professional, safe and timely fashion.
- Works in conjunction with others as appropriate to coordinate and allocate resources and equipment to meet the company’s overall needs.
- Assist in the creation and preservation of necessary drawings, building documents, drawings, and project budgets.
- Ensures the quality and work performed meets company standards and project budgets.
- Total supervision of suppliers, subcontractors and overall site operations.
- Monitors the work and progress to ensure specifications and established schedules are achieved in a safe and timely manner to meet company goals and objectives.
- Organize, coordinate and supervise suppliers and subcontractors in addition to work that is “self performed.”
- Procure, review and approve contracts and invoices relative to construction project.
- Provides general inspection of work performance, coordinate and ensure code compliance and required inspections.
- Project review and implementation including risk management, documentation management, customer relations.
- Develop, implement and evaluate processes for the day to day functions
- Coordinates punch list/close out at the end of projects
Skills and Qualifications:
- Ability to supervise
- Strong organizational, planning, prioritizing and scheduling skills
- Ability to time manage and manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Knowledge of building codes, trades and construction practices
- High degree of attention to detail, preparation and problem solving
- Results Oriented–customer satisfaction, meet or exceed company goals, increase profitability, decrease costs, maintain safe work environment, and quality control
- Communication and negotiating skills
- Self starter, flexibility, high degree of honesty and integrity
- Ability to read project drawings – engineered, civil and architectural
- Ability to understand contract documents including plans, specifications and contracts.
- 10 years direct Project Management experience in residential and commercial construction projects.
- Strong ability to communicate issues and bring those issues to resolution with owners
- Microsoft Office skills including Word, Outlook and Excel.
- P6 Project Scheduling.
- Expedition and / or Timberline Project Management Programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or related field of study, or equivalent experience.