Morton Buildings, Inc. is the industry leader in post-frame construction. We have been in business for more than 110 years and have six manufacturing plants servicing 106 construction centers nationwide. Per year, across America, more than 3,500 new buildings sport the familiar Morton M.
The Construction Superintendent position is a full-time position that supports the Project Manager and Sales Consultant, ensuring a high-quality construction experience for customers, delivering the project on time and on budget.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Supports Sales Consultants with pre-sale activities; including participation in design meetings with potential customers, providing construction expertise, and assisting with the prequalification of potential projects.
- Develops and manages subcontractor relationships, establishing a list of core subcontractors, and monitoring the performance of the subcontractors, intervening as necessary.
- Establishes a project plan ensuring appropriate staffing allocation necessary to meet project timeline.
- Monitor project progress; ensuring safety policies and procedures are followed, project complies with building plans and contract documents, and subcontractor work meets quality and scope requirements.
- Oversees completion phase activities, including review and completion of punch list.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor degree in related field or 5+ years of progressive construction management experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with excellent follow through
- Proven leadership skills
- Expert-level knowledge of project planning software (e.g. Microsoft Project) and ability to develop coherent plans
- Familiarity with construction and project management system
- Ability to travel as needed
- Excellent medical/dental/prescription coverage
- Life Insurance
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation
- Paid sick time
- 401K Opportunity
- ESOP Retirement Program in which you become an owner of the company
Morton Buildings, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace.