Parsons is looking for an amazingly talented Insert Job Title to join our team! In this role you will get to Insert one sentence summary of key job role.
What You'll Be Doing:
Parsons is seeking a Construction Superintendent to manage subcontracted heavy civil/environmental construction projects. The candidate will support or directly manage all project construction activities depending on project size and complexity. Candidate should be familiar with interpreting contractual obligations and technical aspects of typical construction contracts. In addition to construction supervision, the incumbent will also be responsible for coordinating safety, field administration, procurement, quality and field engineering. May serve as the primary point of contact with the client, subcontractors, and regulators. Willingness to travel and/or relocate is expected.
This position would be based out of the Syracuse, NY office, however willingness to travel to supplier, client, site locations or construction site locations will be required (i.e., long-term out of town assignment).
- Understand and implement Parsons Safety culture in the field and ensure subcontractors and staff use safe work practices and planning.
- Provide management support in directing the overall planning of construction activities to identify critical milestones and priorities.
- Provide support in determining budget estimates and staffing requirements for the defined scope and schedule.
- Monitor work progress and support management of subcontractors to ensure maximum efficiency and productivity. Identify potential problem areas and alternative mitigation measures for review with PM.
- Under the guidance of a more senior CM or PM, ensure the use of sound construction practices to attain required quality control at the maximum efficiency and minimum cost.
- Help in preparation of periodic reports summarizing progress of construction activities for higher-level management and clients.
- Depending on level of experience, develop skills to or serve as a contact with client representatives, subcontractors, and government representatives for construction-related activities. Prepare or assists in preparing fundamental engineering documents associated with field work and engineering assessments. This role may involve authoring of documents for client and regulatory submittal.
- Assists in execution of field work including survey controls, layout, and execution quality.
- Assists in the preparation of materials/equipment requisitions for purchase of services, and subcontracts.
- Under the guidance of a more senior engineer, assists in reviewing supplier drawing submittals and technical bid analyses.
- What Required Skills You'll Bring:
- Bachelor's Degree in construction or engineering-related field (or equivalent construction-related work experience), and typically 5+ years of experience in field construction is required. Experience in the construction of civil/structural and/or environmental projects at domestic and/or foreign locations is preferred.
- 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER Certification and valid refresher course
- What Desired Skills You'll Bring:
- Civil or mechanical background/degree preferred; others will be considered.
- Engineer in Training (EIT) certificate preferable
- Proficiency in various computer software applications typically used within the assigned discipline.
- Knowledge of environmental rules and regulations.
- Ability to travel to construction site locations for extended periods.
Minimum Clearance Required to Start:Not Applicable/NoneThis position is part of our Critical Infrastructure team.A full-service engineering and construction firm, we work in diverse, collaborative teams, both within the company and with our partners and customers, to plan, design, build, and modernize infrastructure. We take special pride in projects and solutions that improve communities as well as people’s quality of life by promoting economic growth, enhancing mobility, and increasing sustainability and resiliency. Powered by our people, we provide the imagination necessary to support our customers’ visions—and to help them see new possibilities.We value our employees and want our employees to take care of their overall wellbeing, which is why we offer best-in-class benefits such as medical, dental, vision, paid time off, Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), 401(k), life insurance, flexible work schedules, and holidays to fit your busy lifestyle!This position requires a Fit for Duty exam as part of the job requirements. Successful completion of this exam(s) will be required post offer acceptance, prior to you being able to continue in the hiring process and onboarding.
The position may require a COVID vaccination or an approved accommodation/exemption for a disability/medical condition or religious belief as required by federal, state, provincial or local mandates or customer requirements.Parsons is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility in the workplace. Diversity is ingrained in who we are, how we do business, and is one of our company’s core values. Parsons equally employs representation at all job levels for minority, female, disabled, protected veteran and LGBTQ+.We truly invest and care about our employee’s wellbeing and provide endless growth opportunities as the sky is the limit, so aim for the stars! Imagine next and join the Parsons quest—APPLY TODAY!