Wacker Chemical Corp.
Our world needs ideas! As one of the world’s most research-intensive chemical companies, we have been developing leading solutions for numerous sectors – from construction to photovoltaics and cosmetics to rubber – for over 100 years. We have a global presence with production sites on three continents and about 14,500 employees from 70 nations.
WACKER SILICONES is one of the world’s biggest silicone manufacturers with silicone-based system solutions and over 3,000 different products. At our Charleston site, we are currently looking for a Construction Supervisor to join our growing team.
This is Us:
You know us. You just didn’t know it. WACKER is a global chemical manufacture that prides itself on “Creating Tomorrow’s Solutions”. WACKER materials are so versatile and adaptable, they have virtually unlimited applications just about anywhere imaginable, making WACKER an integral part of daily life. Whether it’s protecting buildings from the elements, a tube of toothpaste, a cell phone, airbags, or cosmetics, people from all over the world come into contact each day with our products and achievements. We are looking for capable, innovative, and enthusiastic achievers to join our team and grow with us. We are currently seeking a Construction Supervisor CSA/MEC, for our site in Charleston, TN.
What you will do:
The Construction Supervisor provides corporate construction supervisor services related to projects at all WACKER sites within the NCA region for engineering phase, construction, commissioning and turn-over to operations in accordance with federal, state and local regulations as well as Wacker’s internal policies and procedures. The Construction Supervisor requires working in a multi-discipline team with multiple interfaces to internal customers, internal services such as procurement and regulatory affairs, as well as external suppliers and contractors.
Managerial Responsibilities: Technical supervision of internal and external contractors in the field assigned for project engineering including workload and schedule design, contractor requests, billing, and building documentation (drawings, etc.). This includes project cost estimations. As part of this supervision maintain and procure contractor relationships that garnish alignment to procedure and process with clear communication and direction. Percent of Time: 40%
- Establish and maintain contractor relationships
- Lead and technically direct contractor personnel with professionalism in the field and in meetings. This is in coordination with the disciplinary supervisor and responsible project manager.
- Provide clear direction to others (written and verbal)
- Provide suggestions to solving all construction challenges
- Identify and make suggestions to resolve and mitigate field clashes
- Support, address and evaluate change order requests by type (internal vs. external). Read and interpret internal change order requests and log to communicate with the teams
- Assist to build a schedule and manage the timing and changes to a schedule
- Evaluate contractor workload and provide guidance
- Run structured construction meetings incl MoM
- Collaborate operations and plant engineering to ensure processes
- Maintain contractor time and material (T&M) management and record keeping
- Contract status - Billing/tracking/payments (Update to work completion progress (%))
- Ensure that all as-built documentation has been submitted by the contractor (e.g. Drawings, As-Builts, Red Lines, Submittals)
- Provide written notification to project manager of any concerns in field related to cost and schedule
- Conduct estimates for small and large project (MTO)
Specialized Responsibilities: Assist in design and preparation for contractor installations. Coordinate materials including expediting. Assurance of proper safety procedures including safe work permit, lock out tag out, transfer of custody care and process safety walkdowns. Validate and uphold quality control. Percent of Time: 60%
- Assist in preparation installation contractor scope
- Execute material take-offs from drawings without pricing
- Validation and acceptance of transfer of custody care and control (TCC) packages from contractor
- Coordination and assurance of obtaining SWP for all involved contractors
- Coordination and assurance of proper LOTO for all involved contractors
- Conduct punch list close out and PSSR walk down
- Perform material expediting (on request)
- Assist in design and constructability review with understanding of the criteria and constraints
- Preparation turnover scope of documentation
- Support Project Engineering to answer RFI's and maintain the field RFI log
- Use software for model review e.g., Navis works
- Identify and assure all (field) changes are not shown on the contract documents are implemented via -Red Lines.
- Request, coordinate, validate and witness test requirements/quality control
- Support development of logistic concept
- Support development of QA/QC concept
- Establish and maintain relationship to other plants and ongoing construction on site on daily basis
What we need from you:
- Minimum education of a High School Diploma or GED with Technical Certificate from a vocational or trade school is required
- Minimum 5-7 years’ experience as a construction supervisor/superintendent with multiple teams is required
- 2 years’ minimum Microsoft Excel and Word experience
- Ability to travel domestically, as this position requires domestic travel over an extended period (dependent on project assignment)
- Thorough understanding of engineering principles, relevant codes, and construction practices to effectively manage projects and to apply efficient and innovative solutions to technical and organizational challenges
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of construction procedures, construction technologies, safe work practices, construction/installation quality and dependencies of various trades and disciplines working on a project to efficiently coordinate contractors to achieve project goals and maintain a safe job site.
- Able to perform and succeed in an environment of schedule and cost pressure
- Capable of professionally dealing with changing priorities and scope requirements
- Strong construction-site/installation related skills with proven organizational skills
- Strong knowledge of construction and project management principals
- Proven leadership with trust and transparency as a basis for relationships
Life at Wacker:
Wacker is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that our individual differences are our collective strength. We encourage our employees to be their authentic selves and desire team members that share these interests. You will be valued for your contributions and perspectives as we continue to grow together. Your career is important to us, and we want to foster a mutually beneficial relationship where you feel heard, understood, and fulfilled. We consider our employees’ overall health and satisfaction when creating a benefits package. Below are some of the additional incentives our employees enjoy
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Effective Day 1
- 401(k) with Employer Contribution and Match
- Opportunity for Future Growth and Advancement
- Education Assistance Program
- Paid Vacation and Holiday
- and much more!
WACKER, as an innovative chemical company, makes a vital contribution toward improving the quality of life around the world by developing intelligent solutions for sustainable growth. Our culture focuses on building and retaining diverse and inclusive teams. WACKER offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, competitive benefit offerings and beyond through giving back to our communities.
Be part of our WACKER family, across all nations!
We are looking forward to your online application at www.wacker.com.
Reference Code: 12182
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. A minimum requirement for this US-based position is the ability to work legally in the United States on a permanent unrestricted basis. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position, including for any type of US permanent residency (e.g., for a Green card).
WACKER is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.