BWXT Nuclear Operations Group, Inc.
Idaho Falls, ID
At BWX Technologies, Inc. (NYSE: BWXT), we are People Strong, Innovation Driven. Headquartered in Lynchburg, Va., BWXT provides safe and effective nuclear solutions for national security, clean energy, environmental remediation, nuclear medicine and space exploration. With approximately 6,400 employees, BWXT has 12 major operating sites in the U.S. and Canada. We are the sole manufacturer of naval nuclear reactors for U.S. submarines and aircraft carriers. Our company supplies precision manufactured components, services and fuel for the commercial nuclear power industry across four continents. Our joint ventures provide environmental remediation and nuclear operations management at more than a dozen U.S. Department of Energy and NASA facilities. BWXT’s technology is driving advances in medical radioisotope production in North America and microreactors for various defense and space applications. Follow us on Twitter at @BWXTech and learn more at www.bwxt.com.
Construction Supervisor - BWX Technologies, Inc. - Idaho Falls, ID
This position is an exempt supervisory position responsible for supervising and coordinating day-to-day construction operations in various work areas. In order to maintain consistent production goals, this individual must work closely as a team member with Radiological Supervisors, Environmental Engineers and Engineers of radiological Work.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide supervisory oversight and leadership for all personnel under her/his charge to ensure the highest possible safety, environmental, radiological, and operational standards are maintained.
- Maintain each work area and crew under her/his supervision with adequate materials and equipment.
- Ensure all work efforts under her/his control are performed in a safe and efficient manner.
- Serve as the operations liaison between various work groups in the field, and between the seller and buyer follow groups.
- Responsible for knowing the field status of all jobs under her/his cognizance.
- Determine the necessary craft personnel required for day-to-day operations.
- Assure radiological controls, individual training, and work practices are commensurate with conditions required at the work site.
- Audit work in progress to assure compliance with established procedures.
- Track personnel exposure at the job site, making sure available personnel have adequate exposure to complete the task.
- Control the completion of routine and non-routine operations, ensuring that all work is planned, and deadlines are targeted so as to maintain the production schedule.
- Submit scheduling information to the Production Coordinator as needed.
- Work directly with engineering to identify required material purchases and procurement activities.
- Performance of technical work document review, scheduling, cost control and tracking, employee relations, and work quality.
BWSR is looking for an individual with an extensive background in construction and/or the Navy Nuclear Power Program to provide daily oversight and supervision of multiple crafts, trades, and operations personnel such that all safety, environmental, radiological, engineering, and operations standards are met.
- A minimum of five (5) years experience working as a supervisor in the construction industry and/or the Navy nuclear power field is preferable.
- Must be able to perform simple operations on a computer in support of work, and complete administrative paperwork with little or no errors requiring rework.
- Must be physically qualified to perform the duties of the job description.
- Must be a US citizen – no dual citizenship.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE “L” security clearance – current clearance preferred.
- Must obtain and maintain Radiological Controls and other qualifications as directed by Naval Reactors.
As a federal government contractor, BWX Technologies, Inc. and any subsidiaries, affiliates and related entities (“BWXT” or the “Company”) complies with all federal, state, and local laws and customer requirements regarding COVID-19 and other health and safety protocols. As such, all BWXT new hires will be required to adhere to applicable Company COVID-19 requirements within the workplace as a condition of employment.
Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. Position requires U.S. Citizenship (with no dual citizenship) and ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Energy (DOE) security clearance which involves an extensive criminal and financial background investigation and previous employment reference verifications.
BWXT supports diversity and is committed to the concept of Equal Employment Opportunity. We have established procedures to ensure that all personnel actions such as recruitment, compensation, career development, benefits, company-sponsored training and social recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or veteran status