Construction Technician – Entry-Level
Construction Technician - Entry-Level
FULL-TIME & PART-TIME POSITIONS AVAILABLE!
PSI, an Intertek company, is searching for a Construction Technician to join our Building & Construction team in our Ripon, WI office. This is a fantastic opportunity to grow a versatile career in the architectural, engineering, and construction (A/E/C) industry!
The Construction Technician role performs a variety of testing, project specific observations and site assessment duties under direct supervision and/or from detailed controlled procedures.
The Building & Construction team provides assurance, testing, inspection, and certification services and building science solutions to deliver Total Quality Assurance to the built environment. The team offers the architectural, engineering and construction (A/E/C) industry with a full suite of capabilities both in the lab and on site.
What you’ll do:
- Performs a variety of testing, project specific observations and site assessment duties under direct supervision and/or from detailed controlled procedures.
- Operates testing equipment and conducts testing, (example: Soil, concrete or other) and provides assessment of data through reporting
- Works utilizing drawings, specifications, and diagrams
- Uses specific methods to observe site activities and perform tasks
- Make detailed observations and gives limited interpretation of results
- Maintains detailed documentation and data from test results
- Operates a calculator to calculate mathematical test results
- Communicates effectively with client and project teams
- Must be aware of, and adhere to, safety practices and policies to ensure your own safety, as well as the safety of others who may be affected by your actions at work
What it takes to be successful in this role:
- H.S. Diploma or Equivalent, preferred
- No Experience Required – We will train!
- Candidates with experience performing construction materials testing are encouraged to apply!
- Must have Basic Math, Calculator and Computer Skills
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively in verbal & written communication
- Must be able to read and understand work plans
- Must be able to work off shifts and overtime
- Valid Driver’s License and reliable driving record (required)
- Ability to lift, move, push, and pull 30 to 50 pounds occasionally. Additional requirements may be needed for specific sites/locations.
- Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, (hearing) and to make the discriminations in sound.
- Ability to kneel and squat occasionally
- Ability to walk and stand for long periods of time
- Ability to work outdoors in adverse weather conditions (hot and cold)
- Ability to climb occasionally
Why work at Intertek?
PSI, an Intertek Company, is a leading provider of ATIC (Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification) Services. We are ranked #15 on the 2020 ENR list of Top 500 Design Firms, and are able to provide the architectural, engineering, and construction (A/E/C) industry with a full suite of capabilities both in the lab and on-site. From testing, inspection and certification services to building sciences solutions, the company delivers Total Quality Assurance to the built environment.
Intertek is a world leader in the $250 billion Quality Assurance market, with a proven, high-quality business model and a global network of customer-focused operations and highly engaged subject matter experts. At Intertek, we exercise our spirit of innovation, the passion of our people and our unmatched customer commitment to realize our purpose of making the world an ever better, safer, and more sustainable place for all. Learn more about Our History and What We Do.
Intertek is committed to a safe work environment for our employees and clients. Learn more about our COVID-19 Policy.
What we have to offer:
When Working with Intertek, you can expect salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Intertek believes that Our People are our strongest tool for success. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, or who need assistance applying, please email [email protected] or call 1-877-694-8543 (option #5) to speak with a member of the HR Department.