Construction Worker – Carpenter
Des Moines, IA
Morton Buildings is looking to expand our construction crews and employee owners!
Morton Buildings, Inc. is the industry leader in post-frame construction. We have been in business for 120 years and have more than 10 manufacturing, fabrication, and shipping plants servicing over 100 construction centers nationwide. Per year, across America, thousands of new buildings sport the familiar Morton M.
Bonus! Earn an additional $2000 your first year. New crew members receive an additional $500 bonus every quarter during their first year of employment with Morton Buildings. These bonuses are subject to all applicable withholding taxes.
Salary is $20.00 to $22.00 per hour based on experience.
Under the guidance of your crew foreman you will:
- Learn, keep current with and apply the Morton Buildings' safety and construction procedures, methods, and standards
- Read, understand and build according to construction plans
- Utilize various tools and equipment to safely and efficiently construct buildings
- Efficiently execute tasks such as: digging and installing footings, framing walls and roof structures, installing windows, entry and other doors and door openings, installing various siding and roofing materials including hi-rib steel, shingles, wood and other siding materials and mortarless masonry units, finishing with metal and wood trims
- Work with other crew personnel in a safe, organized, productive and enjoyable work environment treating everyone with dignity and respect
- Building construction (post-frame), carpentry or framing experience preferred (on the job or in school)
- Willingness to participate in and complete a training program
- A valid driver’s license is preferred; Class A CDL is highly desired.
- Available to work 9-10 hours during peak construction season.
- Ability to take direction
- Produce quality work in an efficient manner
- Agree to comply with all our safety processes and procedures
- Willingness to maintain and operate construction tools in a safe and proper manner
- Ability to operate specialized safety equipment efficiently and effectively
- Standard weight lifting requirements - 50 pounds, with occasional lifting up to 100 pounds
- Capable of working in a physically demanding environment and at various heights (up to 40 feet)
- This position requires 25% travel, which includes overnight travel possibly up to two weeks at a time.
- $500 quarterly retention bonus for the first year of employment
- Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
- Excellent medical/dental/prescription/vision coverage
- Life Insurance
- Training bonus
- Safety incentives
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Time
- Bad Weather Pay
- 401K Opportunity
- And So Much More...
Our construction crew positions are eligible for three years of progressive pay increases based upon experience, required training, and attendance.
Morton Buildings, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace. All candidates offered employment will be subject to a pre-placement test which does include a drug screen.