Construction Worker – Skilled
Knight's Companies has an immediate opening for skilled construction workers to construct in-house expansion projects in the Lowcountry, Midlands, and Richmond Hill, GA markets.
- Perform all job functions in accordance with federal, state, local, and company safety policies and procedures at all times.
- Perform all job functions in accordance with federal, state, local, and company environmental policies and procedures at all times.
- Perform all duties assigned by the Construction Superintendent.
- Assist other construction site workers in erecting structures and demolition.
- Load and unload construction materials.
- Safely operate power tools and follow all care and maintenance guidelines.
- Erect concrete forms and pour concrete in accordance with project plans.
- Level concrete and earth using trowels and shovels.
- Remove construction site debris and dispose of accordingly.
- Assist heavy equipment operators to secure special attachments to equipment.
- Signal equipment operators to guide them in moving equipment and help when needed.
- Operate pneumatic hammers, vibrators, and tampers.
- Clean up job site and the end of the day and ensure all equipment and materials are properly secure for the night.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Reliable transportation required.
- 2 – 3 years of experience in a construction trade or equivalent experience is required.
- Ability to complete work on time with minimal supervision.
- Ability to read a tape measure and level.
- Experience in operating aerial equipment is preferred.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Willingness to perform duties outside of the normal scope with a positive, flexible attitude.
- Ability to travel out of town, overnight, is required.
- Ability to safely lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Ability to climb, stoop, bend, squat, lift, stretch, push, pull, twist, kneel, stand, walk, sit, reach, and operate hand-held tools (manual and power).
- Ability to safely climb up and down stairs and/or ladders.
- Ability to work primarily outdoors, with exposure to the extremes of hot or cold weather.
People Integrity Leadership Excellence
All applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and safety requirements of this job.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply!