Consultant Geoscientist – Marine
Fugro USA Land
The Consultant Geoscientist is a mature-level professional with strong knowledge and work experience in Marine Geoconsulting responsible to providing technical knowledge, experience and expertise in one or more of the following. automated or semi-automated seabed morphology and classification, benthic habitat classification, SBP and 2D UHR interpretation, 3D shallow drilling hazards, or other specialized topics associated with challenging non-routine marine site characterization projects. Makes presentations to clients. Works with senior staff and provides specific input to project teams. Regional subject matter expert for Fugro in a particular topic at national/regional level. Independently leads large project teams for complex projects. Reviews and directs basic technical and commercial bids. Prepares complex proposals as part of a team. Actively contributes and drives sector strategy and promotes service line strategy. Directs and reviews work performed by others and can perform complex technical work independently. Personal delivery of selected topics in local knowledge transfer workshops.
- Responsible for one or more specialized topics associated with marine geoscience and engineering, based upon knowledge, experience, and expertise.
- Develops areas of specialization to the optimum benefit of Fugro. Provides specialized input into projects as and when required, Maintains a good technical and professional reputation with Fugro client base.
- Demonstrates independent and effective commercial influence on clients.
- Develops opportunities for providing specialized consultancy directly to Clients and/or developing opportunities for project development by other senior Fugro staff.
- Stays current on areas of specialization and informs management of the significance of technological developments.
- Promotes specialized knowledge (including new or improved technologies, techniques, and other technical innovations) both internally within Fugro as well as externally to Clients.
- Able to demonstrate the financial viability of area of specialization within the context of Fugro’s P/L account Pursue opportunities to publish technical papers at the national and international level, preferably on project-related topics.
- Session moderator at conferences Cultivates and maintains relationships with external consultants, academic institutions, special interest groups, regulatory authorities, and key technical personnel in other service lines pertinent to areas of specialization
- Expected to be at least 75% billable to projects Complies with QMS and HSE requirements
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without restrictions.
- Possess a degree or higher in geoscience/engineering/engineering geoscience. B.S. degree in geoscience accompanied by relevant full-time professional industry experience may substitute for a graduate degree.
- Some background in geophysics and/or engineering geology is preferred
- Have 10 years or more in marine site investigations with experience interpreting most associated geo-data types and involvement in multiple associated project types
- A license to practice geoscience is preferred but not required
- Possesses one or more key technical specialist capabilities that add value to Marine Geoconsulting’s core business activities (i.e., a specialist in key technical area. significant experience in related technical fields. substantial data acquisition field experience. etc.)
- Proficient user of MS Office Suite, appropriate skill level on computer software applications pertinent to areas of specialization
How to apply?
If you are interested in this role we look forward to discussing this opportunity with you. Please click on our ‘apply’ button and upload your resume and cover letter.
Disclaimer for recruitment agencies:
Fugro does not accept any unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies. Acquisition to Fugro Recruitment or any Fugro employee is not appreciated.
Fugro USA posting Disclaimer
Fugro is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact Human Resources directly at 713-369-5600, option 5 or email@example.com.