Consultant Geotechnical Engineer – Marine
Fugro USA Land
The Consultant Geotechnical Engineer provides technical knowledge, experience and expertise in specialized topics associated with challenging, non-routine projects. Makes presentations to clients, works with senior staff and provides specific input to project teams. Has a well-developed strong client network that brings profitable work to the business (Senior Consultant). Solves complex problems in specialized area(s) based on existing and alternative solutions and procedures. Recognised as subject matter expert within company. Independently demonstrates effective technical & commercial influence on client base. Independently leads large teams for basic and complex projects. Reviews and approves technical and commercial bids. Independently (Senior) or as part of a team (Consultant) develops complex proposals. Actively contributes and drives service line strategy and is responsible for delivering sector strategy. Able to review complex work by others and to develop new methods under consultation with other senior geoconsultants. Leads local technology workshops and assists development of internal training material.
- Responsible for one or more specialized topics associated with marine geoscience and engineering, based upon knowledge, experience and expertise; Develops areas of specialization to the optimum benefit of Fugro; Provides specialized input into projects as and when required
- Leads interdisciplinary teams of geotechnical engineers and geoscientists to successfully carry out complex integrated site characterization studies for offshore infrastructure development
- Stays current on areas of specialization and informs management of the significance of technological developments. Promotes specialized knowledge (including new or improved technologies, techniques, and other technical innovations) both internally within Fugro as well as externally to Clients; Able to demonstrate the financial viability of area of specialization within context of Fugro’s P/L account
- Publish at the national and international level as primary author. Session moderator at conferences
- Cultivates and maintains relationships with external consultants, academic institutions, special interest groups, regulatory authorities, and key technical personnel in other service lines pertinent to areas of specialization
- Develops a sound understanding of Fugro business’ capabilities across all Divisions. Maintains awareness of Fugro technologies to be promoted in the region. Develop an understanding of competitor technologies that could impact Fugro’s business position and provide technical recommendations to management in that respect
- Fosters established client relationships and develops new client relationships to promote Fugro’s capabilities and differentiators. Develop and attract business opportunities in established and emerging fields
- Delivers credible presentations as a subject matter expert on scientific and technological topics to government, private and academic institutions in response to inquiries or to promote Fugro’s capabilities
- Complies with QMS and HSE requirement
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without restrictions.
- Possess a M.S. degree or higher in Geotechnical/Geological/Civil Engineering
- Some background in Geophysics and Geology is preferred
- Have 10 years or more in Marine Site Investigations with experience interpreting most associated geo-data types and involvement in multiple associated project types.
- License to practice engineering in one or more U.S. states required
- Possess key technical specialist capabilities in integration of geotechnical and geophysical data for ground modeling, static and dynamic slope stability, advanced geotechnical testing recommendation, assignment, and analysis, and ground model soil unit definition and parameterization, that add value to Marine Geoconsulting’s core business activities
- Proficient user of MS Office Suite; preferred basic knowledge of SMT Kingdom Suite, ArcGIS, Global Mapper, CorelDraw and other in-house geoscience software.
How to apply?
If you are interested in this role we look forward to discussing this opportunity with you. Please click on our ‘apply’ button and upload your resume and cover letter.
Disclaimer for recruitment agencies:
Fugro does not accept any unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies. Acquisition to Fugro Recruitment or any Fugro employee is not appreciated.
Fugro USA posting Disclaimer
Fugro is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact Human Resources directly at 713-369-5600, option 5 or email@example.com.