Consultant, ITx (IT Experiences) Manufacturing Systems Application Engineer
Who we areCollaborative. Respectful. A place to dream and do. These are just a few words that describe what life is like at Toyota. As one of the world’s most admired brands, Toyota is growing and leading the future of mobility through innovative, high-quality solutions designed to enhance lives and delight those we serve. We’re looking for diverse, talented team members who want to Dream. Do. Grow. with us.
Who We’re Looking For
Toyota’s Manufacturing Systems Department is looking for a passionate and highly motivated IT Product Owner within the Manufacturing Systems group.
The primary responsibility of this role is to manage the development and delivery of regional Manufacturing Systems across North America.
The Manufacturing Systems portfolio consists of 75+ applications to improve the performance of production related processes, operations, and costs by delivering new or enhanced technology (e.g., vision systems, traceability, etc.).
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Manufacturing Systems, you will join an expert team that ensures business continuity of production functions at Toyota’s vehicle, unit, casting, and energy storage plants.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Work with Senior leadership across regional and global Information Technology, Plant Management, and Site Services teams to align long-term Manufacturing needs to portfolio priorities.
- Lead product roadmap of business critical products within the Manufacturing Systems portfolio
- Manage agile application development team
- Collaborate with Manufacturing Cyber Security team to ensure software meets Toyota security standards
- Review application design with enterprise architecture teams and ensure long term alignment with Toyota Manufacturing strategy teams
- Develop roadmap that maintains the technical uplift and operational resiliency of each product
- Spend work time enhancing technical skills, such as development languages, dev-ops technologies, modern software architectural patterns and/or cloud engineering
- Develop clear understanding of the Toyota Way principles and demonstrate within daily work priorities
What You Bring
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in Computer Science, Quality Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or a similar technical degree OR equivalent professional experience
- Hands-on technical Product Owner expertise within an Information Technology division
- Experience supporting Manufacturing Systems in a mission critical environment
- Experience as an application developer (.NET, C#, VB.NET, Java, Python, Ruby, etc.)
- Experience with database technologies (Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, Postgres)
- Hands on experience with cloud technologies (AWS, Azure)
- Demonstrated experience managing several full-lifecycle large-scale IT projects implementing or upgrading Manufacturing and/or Quality Management systems and modules
What you may bring
- Work experience in the automotive or manufacturing industries
- Experience in a large, global manufacturing operation
- Experience using JIRA, Confluence
- Experience with Dev Ops platforms (Jenkins, Github, SonarQube, etc.)
- Experience with manufacturing automation and vision systems
- High level understanding PLCs (Allen Bradley, Siemens, ToyoPuc)
- Experience with machine integration software (KepWare, GE, Rockwell)
- Demonstrated end-user and administrative application support experience
What we’ll bring
During your interview process, our team can fill you in on all the details of our industry-leading benefits and career development opportunities.
A few highlights include:
- A work environment built on teamwork, flexibility, and respect
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career, as well as tuition reimbursement
- Vehicle purchase & lease programs
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans for your entire family
- Flextime and virtual work options (if applicable)
- Toyota 401(k) Savings Plan featuring a company match, as well as an annual retirement contribution from Toyota regardless of whether you contribute
- Paid holidays and paid time off
- Referral services related to prenatal services, adoption, childcare, schools and more
- Flexible spending accounts
- Relocation assistance (if applicable)
This position is based in Georgetown, KY (USA). Toyota encourages all employees to live within a reasonable commuting distance of their assigned work location.
Hybrid work from outside the assigned work location may be permitted in a pre-approved list of states with certain stipulations. Speak with your Recruiter and the Hiring Manager to learn more about our hybrid work program.
To save time applying, Toyota does not offer sponsorship of job applicants for employment-based visas or any other work authorization for this position at this time.
Belonging at Toyota
Our success begins and ends with our people. We embrace diverse perspectives and value unique human experiences. Respect for all is our North Star. Toyota is proud to have 10+ different Business Partnering Groups across 100 different North American chapter locations that support team members’ efforts to dream, do and grow without questioning that they belong. As a company that has been one of DiversityInc’s Top 50 Companies for Diversity and a member of The Billion Dollar Roundtable supporting minority and woman-owned suppliers for over 10 years, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates the diversity of the communities where we live and do business.
Applicants for our positions are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, religion, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Have a question or need assistance with your application? Check out the How to Apply section of our careers page on Toyota.com or send an email to email@example.com.