Elanco Clinton Laboratories
As a leading global animal health company, Elanco delivers innovative products and services to improve the health of pets and farm animals around the world because we believe making animals' lives better, makes life better. Since 1954, we have provided solutions that support veterinarians, farmers and pet owners to advance our vision of Food and Companionship Enriching Life. Elanco's promise to employees: Together, we foster an inclusive culture where everyone can make a difference, encouraging ownership, growth and well-being.
The process engineering consultant/advisor is the technical leader in the operations area he/she is assigned within the Clinton site, Elanco’s largest US manufacturing center. He/she will be a subject matter expert with respect to the process and the equipment, engaged in troubleshooting, data analysis, and regulatory compliance. He/she will also lead the continuous improvement of the operations area and drive capital and expense projects from inception to final implementation. To do this, the process engineer will play a key role in multi-disciplinary teams to deliver innovation to the operations area considering the aspects of safety, reliability, quality, operability, throughput, and cost.
Minimum Qualification (education, experience and/or training, required certifications):
- BS or MS in engineering (mechanical or chemical) or associates degree with 10+ years of experience
- Strong technical skills to supply business value.
- Knowledge and experience in project management.
- Good problem-solving skills to understand the scope of a problem and drive to resolution.
- High degree of competence regarding communication skills (written & verbal).
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities especially in a team environment.
- Self-motivated team player with the ability to work, prioritize multiple activities, and deliver results with minimal supervision
- Proficient with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
- 5-10 years’ experience supporting a manufacturing process in a highly regulated environment.
- Variety of previous engineering roles and experiences.
- Experience in lean/continuous improvement.
- Experience with Aspen process modeling software.
- Experience with PI process data historian.
- Capable of applying Root Cause Analysis techniques to investigate issues.
- General knowledge of various liquid and dry product processing and handling equipment including, but not limited to, fermentors, piping systems, evaporators, centrifuges, dryers, conveying systems, granulating equipment, mixers, and packaging systems.
- General knowledge of various emission control and monitoring equipment including, but not limited to, baghouses, cyclones, carbon adsorbers, condensers, total hydrocarbon analyzers, mass flow meters, and opacity monitors.
Functions, Duties, Tasks:
- The primary focus for this position will be applying engineering principles and expertise to implement large, challenging, and critical projects that will result in positive business impact such as positive NPV (Net Present Value), cost reduction, cost avoidance, increased product capacity/supply, and regulatory compliance.
- Lead meetings and project teams to ensure safe, timely, on-budget, and successful implementation of projects. This includes operational, capital, and cross-functional projects, providing leadership in defining the scope, overseeing design and construction, and performing qualification activities.
- Be knowledgeable of all regulatory (quality/safety/environmental) policies and procedures and hazards of the process.
- Ensure changes to the process/equipment are documented through the change management system.
- Be knowledgeable of computer systems to provide assistance in troubleshooting the process by using a data-based approach.
- Use risk management in decisions and/or proposals.
- Drive continuous improvement throughout the process. Participate and support Six Sigma initiatives.
- Assist with day-to-day production issues and projects as needed.
- Use expertise to provide engineering assistance in other projects outside process area (e.g. site-wide, other departments, other sites).
- This position will serve as a technical and professional mentor for other engineers on the Clinton site.
- Give technical presentations.
- Share and replicate technical solutions.
- Prepare technical documentation (technical reports, root cause investigations, etc).
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status