Consultant – Rotating Equipment Reliability (Perth)
CEC Controls Co.
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood has an immediate requirement for a Consultant with a Mechanical engineering background in the Rotating Equipment Reliability and Condition Monitoring space to join our Perth office. We have world class engineering capability in the fields of Vibration, Dynamics and Noise (VDN) and this role sits within the Rotating Equipment and Reliability team who are specialists in their field.
Our ideal candidate will have strong capabilities in a customer facing role and enthusiasm for contributing to team experience and growth.
We demonstrate technical excellence in resolving the causes and effects of vibration in rotating equipment and machinery providing engineering solutions and services improving the integrity and performance.
In working in this specialist team you will:
- Perform detailed analysis of turbo-machinery and balance of plant data using a range of portable and online systems
- Assist with investigations, providing technical input for equipment failures and troubleshooting projects, alignments, balancing, ODS (Operational Deflection Shape) and RCA (Root Cause Analysis)
- Assist in maintaining and developing client relationships
- Manage, implement and improve vibration, lubrication and thermography based predictive maintenance programs including on-site data collection, analysis and determination of recommendations for rotating equipment
- Execute maintenance strategies and programs for clients whilst seeking opportunities to improve them utilising the latest in data analytics techniques
- Identify opportunities to improve client plant reliability, availability and/or performance, collaborating with clients to turn to their advantage
- Assist with RCM (Reliability Centred Maintenance) and FMECA (Failure Mode, Effects, and Criticality Analysis)
- Work with world-class industry experts who are pushing the edge of technological envelope
- Collaborate with other teams within VDN and Wood to deliver effective solutions to clients
Join us in the heart of Perth's CBD at Dexus Place - 240 St Georges Terrace, free 24/7 access to an exclusive on-site gym, terrific end of trip facilities, coffee machines serving on demand and plenty of space to get creative. In addition, you will have access to remote and flexible working options, purchased annual leave and employee discount programs. At Wood you will join an inclusive and diverse global community of inquisitive minds and recognised industry innovators, partnering to create new possibilities.
Please note, that we can only accept applications from Australian citizens or those who currently hold Permanent Residency (PR) visa for Australia and do not require company sponsorship to work lawfully in Australia.
Skills / Qualifications
It takes a diverse range of people to achieve the level of impact Wood has on the global energy sector. As a member of the team you will have or be able to demonstrate the following.
- Hold a degree in Mechanical / Mechatronics Engineering from recognised tertiary institution
- Ideally 3 - 5 years practical experience with rotating equipment however those with less experience are encouraged to apply
- Some experience managing and implementing predictive maintenance strategies, vibration analysis, lubrication, thermography, alignment and balancing
- Able to deliver digital and technology projects is ideal along with agile project delivery experience
- Client focused with the ability to create robust collaborative working relationships
- Prior experience in consulting environment or in a customer facing role
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with high level English literacy, report writing skills and computer proficiency
- Proficient in the latest data analytics tools and techniques and a knowledge of rotating equipment
- Highly motivated, self-sufficient individual who enjoys working as part of collaborative and supportive team
- Be passionate about growth and learning and keen to discover and innovate new ways to get things done
- Prior site experience and able to demonstrate a commitment to safety in the workplace
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.