Consultant – SRE Operations Team Lead
Halliburton Energy Solutions, Inc.
We are looking for the right people — people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards and opportunity of working for one of the world’s largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
Join the team building and running iEnergy® ‐ the world’s premier petrotechnical cloud environment. Landmark’s Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) team is responsible for architecting, engineering, operating, and securing the cutting‐edge, multi‐cloud iEnergy SaaS platform used to deliver Landmark and partner industry‐leading cloud solutions. Contribute to an environment where science, engineering, large‐scale cloud computing, and modern DevSecOps intersect.
As a member of SRE team, you will be entrusted with big challenges, working closely with development engineering in the DevSecOps organization, with regional technical engineers, Halliburton Information Technology engineers, and architects. Bring your expertise and curiosity to an environment offering unparalleled depth and breadth of exposure to today’s most relevant cloud technologies, DevSecOps practices, and petrotechnical science.
The SRE Operations Team Lead is a business and operational leader with good working knowledge of Cloud Technologies and Services, DevSecOps, and SRE. Responsible for the Cloud Services availability, this leadership role has accountability for the Project Cloud organization with Architects, SREs and Domain Workflow Leads reporting into the role. Skills typically acquired through the completion of an undergraduate degree in Computer Science or similar discipline, Cloud Technology Certifications and 10+ years of Technology Services and/or development experience. The SRE Operations Team Lead is under broad direction from the Project Lead.
Must have leadership experience in multicultural environments and be able to work across business units, service lines, and organizations. Must be able to effectively communicate with customer and internal stakeholders at multiple organizational levels. Must take steps proactively to ensure continued availability and proper functioning of the systems. Must effectively manage a small, distributed team to monitor and respond to events. Must create and effectively manage the team’s schedules and work. Must work to drive down costs and lower total cost of operations. The SRE Operations Team Lead reports directly to the Services Organization with matrix report to the SRE Global Organization. A Technologist with experience running B2B Cloud, have scaled cloud operations and teams exponentially or want to be part of a rapid growing segment of the E&P digital market have a good fit into this role.
- Accountable for the Cloud Services Service Level Agreements (SLA), Service Level Objectives (SLO), and associated metrics.
- Provide Cloud operations management.
- Ensure Cloud Services availability.
- Successful Cloud services deployments.
- Work in close collaboration with Product Management, Engineering and SRE team to uphold and maintain integrity of cloud services deployments following iEnergy® standards.
- Responsible of continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD) pipelines across software development lifecycle phases.
- Proactive monitoring and actioning of Cloud services alerts and incorporating new monitoring alerts as needed.
- Responsible for managing incidents with minimum Mean Time To Restore (MTTR) or as established in the Service Level Agreements/Objectives.
- Manage the On Call plan for the staff/teams.
- Provision resources.
- Plan and implement patching and upgrades.
- Analyze system health metrics for both real time monitoring and usability recommendations.
- Teams/Personnel Management. Support all aspects of employee life-cycle management including performance.
- Enforce best practices for security and reliability.
- Establish and follows SRE Principles.
- Job role contributes directly to customer value creation.
- Coordinate and manage the operational schedules and calendars for the team.
- Manage operational priorities for the team.
- Accountable to ensure the iEnergy® security standards.
- Enforce best practices for security and reliability.
- Follow iEnergy® operation processes (like Incident Management, Change Management, Root Cause Analysis, Patching and Upgrades, among others) and operational practices.
- Provide frequent reports as requested by the Services and SRE Organization.
- Requires completion of an undergraduate degree in engineering, geoscience, computer science or business.
- 10+ years of experience in Technology Services.
- Experience with Public Cloud PaaS/SaaS solutions.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience managing a large global cloud organization working in multiple locations and time zones.
- Comfort presenting to and delivering projects for senior leaders.
- Displays industry thought leadership.
- Brings the best of the industry and the organization along in the journey.
- 3+ years of hands-on systems administration experience. Familiarity with broad set of basic sys admin, database and network tools.
- 1-2 years of experience as a leader or 1st level manager
- Prior experience leading or managing a 24x7 operations
- Good knowledge of Information Technology Infrastructure Library processes. A certification a plus
- Experience with one or more cloud providers. Azure or AWS preferred. Certifications a plus
- Experience with Public/Private Cloud Paas/SaaS solutions
- Experience managing Service Level Agreements, Service Level Objectives, and metrics
- An understanding of cloud reliability standards, observability, security, performance, disaster recovery and reporting requirements
- Experience with IT automation tools such as Jenkins
- Experience with setup and use of observability platforms such as New Relic
- Experience with IT and Cloud security standards and compliance
- SOC 2 knowledge / exposure
- Experience with open source distributed software systems is required
- Experience with cloud native technology such as Kubernetes is preferred
- Knowledge and experience with Landmark platform and application software a plus
- Requires completion of an undergraduate degree in engineering, geoscience, computer science or business and a minimum of 3 years of experience with 8 years preferred.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
3000 N Sam Houston Pkwy E, Houston, Texas, 77032, United States
Requisition Number: 166176
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Support Services
Product Service Line: Landmark Software & Services
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.