Consultant, Vehicle Distribution – ITx (IT Experiences)
Who we areCollaborative. Respectful. A place to dream and do. These are just a few words that describe what life is like at Toyota. As one of the world’s most admired brands, Toyota is growing and leading the future of mobility through innovative, high-quality solutions designed to enhance lives and delight those we serve. We’re looking for diverse, talented team members who want to Dream. Do. Grow. with us.
Who We’re Looking For
In the Design, Manufacture, and Supply Chain group, the Vehicle Supply Chain (VSC) experience team oversees mission critical systems responsible for planning, ordering, scheduling, and delivering vehicles to end customers. In this role, the focus will be on technical contribution and leadership in vehicle distribution processes and systems.
The consultant will design, develop, test, and implement business solutions supporting critical business needs and supply chain transformation, primarily in the vehicle distribution area and provide technical guidance and leadership to other team members. Effective communication and leadership skills are essential to setting team direction and evaluating the work product of the team to maximize value delivered to stakeholders.
As Toyota transitions to a mobility company, the VSC team will be participating in the digital transformation of the supply chain. Working to align business capabilities and technology solutions, this role will be actively involved in maintaining business continuity while defining the future technical solutions.
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Vehicle Order & Distribution, you will join an expert team that ensures business continuity of distribution functions for Toyota Management Demand & Supply (DSM), and cross-functional support for Logistics Services (TLS), Dealer Daily, and other key stakeholders.
What You’ll Be Doing
Lead collaboration with TLS and ITX stakeholders to thoroughly understand current business processes and requirements for Vehicle Distribution Systems.
Collaborate and align with ITX Supply Chain Modernization teams to develop and implement the product lifecycle and its roadmap.Proactively manage and eliminate technical debt. Lead the activities to identify, prioritize, plan, and implement improvement activities to modernize product quality.
Participate in and provide technical leadership for team solutions delivery and operational resilience goals with KPIs, using Agile and DevSecOps (Development, Security and Operations) methods. Design, code, test, and deliver application solutions. Provide strong domain knowledge and experience of current and future enterprise technology trends in the Vehicle Distribution systems area.
Work closely with other team members, help ensure the teams:
- Properly understand the business problems and enterprise solutions required to delivery enterprise business value with operational resilience. Align priorities and expectations with customers. Develop and maintain positive relationship with stakeholders.
- Define and develop strategies to meet operational and cybersecurity resilient expectations in the production environment.
- Establish product operation SLAs with automated monitoring and Plan vs. Actual KPI. Develop and implement kaizen to meet operational resilient KPIs to improve user experience and efficiency.
- Monitor production support and system enhancement development to ensure solutions are correctly built for function and performance.
- Develop and implement kaizen to reduce resources required to support production systems through improving operational resiliency and reducing manual processes.
Vendor resource management including contract management, product total cost of ownership, production operation resources, and project resources.
What You Bring
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience managing team members or contract technologists
- Hands-on technical expertise within an Information Technology division
- Experience supporting mission critical systems
- Experience as an application developer using modern languages (Java, Python, Ruby, etc.) and database technologies (Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, Postgres)
What you may bring
- Work experience in the automotive or manufacturing industries
- Experience in a large, global sales and logistics operation
- Experience using JIRA, Confluence or similar tools
- Experience with Dev Ops platforms (Jenkins, Github, SonarQube, etc.)
- Experience with AWS Cloud application development
- Experience working with Big Data systems and/or non-relational databases
- Scrum, Agile, or DevSecOps experience
What we’ll bring
During your interview process, our team can fill you in on all the details of our industry-leading benefits and career development opportunities.
A few highlights include:
- A work environment built on teamwork, flexibility, and respect
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career, as well as tuition reimbursement
- Vehicle purchase & lease programs
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans for your entire family
- Flextime and virtual work options (if applicable)
- Toyota 401(k) Savings Plan featuring a company match, as well as an annual retirement contribution from Toyota regardless of whether you contribute
- Paid holidays and paid time off
- Referral services related to prenatal services, adoption, childcare, schools and more
- Flexible spending accounts
- Relocation assistance (if applicable)
This position is based in Plano, TX. Toyota encourages all employees to live within a reasonable commuting distance of their assigned work location.
Hybrid work from outside the assigned work location may be permitted in a pre-approved list of states with certain stipulations. Speak with your Recruiter and the Hiring Manager to learn more about our hybrid work program.
To save time applying, Toyota does not offer sponsorship of job applicants for employment-based visas or any other work authorization for this position at this time.
Belonging at Toyota
Our success begins and ends with our people. We embrace diverse perspectives and value unique human experiences. Respect for all is our North Star. Toyota is proud to have 10+ different Business Partnering Groups across 100 different North American chapter locations that support team members’ efforts to dream, do and grow without questioning that they belong. As a company that has been one of DiversityInc’s Top 50 Companies for Diversity and a member of The Billion Dollar Roundtable supporting minority and woman-owned suppliers for over 10 years, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates the diversity of the communities where we live and do business.
Applicants for our positions are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, religion, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Have a question or need assistance with your application? Check out the How to Apply section of our careers page on Toyota.com or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.