This Consulting Engineer position pursues and executes automation, operations, and process engineering consulting engagements for new and existing clients, helping them to meet their business strategic goals. They will also engage in strategic sales of automation systems, either by converting consulting engagements to system sales or assisting other business units in pursuing system sales through the use of Data Analysis, Material Handling System Design, and Computer Simulation. The Consulting Engineer is part of the Consulting team and reports to a Team Lead or Consulting Manager.
- Ability to develop excellent client relationships and earn their trust though superior problem solving and hard work
- Provide excellent analysis of customer’s operational data used to design superior processes and systems
- Develop and communicate new concepts for improvements to client’s operations
- Creative engineering (information and material flow) and innovative operational solutions
- Provide computer simulation modeling of proposed material handling systems
- Build confidence with clients when making formal presentations
- Provide excellent documentation and presentation of engineering results
- Close major system sales through a “top down” consultative selling approach. Provide best solution options for the customer needs.
- Develop system proposals that provide our clients a competitive advantage in their markets.
- 25% overnight travel (Travel expenses paid by Bastian Solutions)
Preferred Skills and Required Qualifications
- Bachelors degree in Engineering or technical Field (preferably Industrial Engineering)
- Minimum 4 years experience working with supply chain and distribution systems and material handling automation systems
- Experience with computer simulation (AutoMOD, Demo3D, Arena, etc.) preferred
- Delivers advanced productivity to our clients with advanced automation tools
- Develops industrial material flow and information flow analysis and consulting studies
- Conducts data analysis, slotting studies, and simulation engineering for clients
- Conducts computer simulation model development of manufacturing and/or material handling systems made up of package conveyor, pallet conveyor, automatic guided vehicles, and automated storage and retrieval systems
- Analyzes and interprets simulation results
- Performs pre-sales support activities as needed
- Ability to communicate to all levels in a client organization with confidence
- High energy level and selling skills when doing “top down” sales
- Outstanding listening, written and verbal communications skills, including strong presentation skills
- Ability to develop “trusted advisor” relationship with client
- Develops material and information system handling concepts based on client needs as a part of the Consulting team
- Demonstrates understanding of distribution and manufacturing operations through proposed solutions for clients
- Consistently provides excellent customer service skills
- Team player who can also work independently.
To learn more about us, click here -
About Bastian Solutions
Bastian Solutions, a Toyota Advanced Logistics company, is an independent material handling and robotics system integrator providing automated solutions for distribution, manufacturing, and order fulfillment centers around the world. Our team specializes in consulting, system design, project management, maintenance, and installation, while sourcing the best equipment and automation technology. We take great pride in providing exceptional service and flexibility to our customers.
In addition to exciting work at a growing company, we offer the following benefits:
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with a company match
- Vacation/Holiday Pay
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible Work Schedules
- Volunteer Work
- Professional Associations, Conferences and Subscriptions
- Company Meetings & Events
Bastian Solutions does not work outside recruiting agencies. No solicitation phone calls please.