Consulting Engineer – Remote
Intertek is searching for an Consulting Engineer to join our Electrical team. This is a fantastic opportunity to grow a versatile career in Engineering!
The Consulting Engineer offers independent advice on engineering, science and/or other related topics to companies and government organizations. A Consulting Engineer assists in providing more efficient services to clients and independently conducts on and off-site evaluations to determine specific solutions for each customer. This position requires 50% travel.
What you’ll do:
- Research, read and determine applicability of national codes and standards;
- Read and understand schematics and manufacturing instructions;
- Validate the project scope and sample applicability;
- Under scope of the project, identify required testing and develop test plans;
- Identify and document simple repairs/corrections as needed;
- Conduct thorough design review; document results.
- Supply information for quotes such as length of project, resources and samples required, and standards that will be used.
- Provide more specialized "expertise" in one product category, i.e., become subject matter expert, or obtain and maintain advanced product knowledge.
- Coordinate and lead client meetings/discussions.
- Provide sales support for any and all product requirements including direct customer presentations;
- Communicate project status to client, sales personnel, and management throughout project.
- Identify project needs and sample requirements for effective resource planning and meeting of client’s expectations;
- Play a variety of roles depending on projects, such as a technical and scientific reference or organizing and managing tasks.
- Delegate tasks to other team members to make sure the project is completed on a timely basis
- Provide the necessary support during the duration of projects to ensure the needs of the organization are met.
- Perform technical assessments and analysis of specifications of projects and implement necessary solutions.
- Work closely with customers to gain an understanding of needs.
What it takes to be successful in this role:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or equivalent combination of education and directly related experience. Advanced degree preferred.
- 5-7 years directly related experience; prefer electrical, regulatory, safety, compliance experience
- CMSE® - Certified Machinery Safety Expert, a plus
- PE License a plus
- Experience with UL and IEC standards to demonstrate NRTL, CE marking and other regulatory compliance schemes.
- Machinery and Tool compliance experience including knowledge of standards such as UL 508, IEC 60204, IEC 61439, IEC 61010
- Strong understanding of Machinery Functional Safety requirements
- Knowledge and experience in industries such as Industrial Controls, Oil and Gas, Transportation, Laser Technology and Energy Storage
Intertek is a world leader in the $250 billion Quality Assurance market, with a proven, high-quality business model and a global network of customer-focused operations and highly engaged subject matter experts. At Intertek, we exercise our spirit of innovation, the passion of our people and our unmatched customer commitment to realize our purpose of making the world an ever better, safer, and more sustainable place for all. Learn more about Our History and What We Do.
Intertek is committed to a safe work environment for our employees and clients. Learn more about our COVID-19 Policy.
What we Have to Offer
- Competitive benefits package; Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and Disability
- 401(k) with company matching
- Competitive market pay
- Tuition reimbursement and much more.
- Quarterly Incentive Bonus Plan
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Intertek believes that Our People are our strongest tool for success. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, or who need assistance applying, please email [email protected] or call 1-877-694-8543 (option #5) to speak with a member of the HR Department.