Consumable Territory Manager
At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
Our Healthcare Customers are federally mandated (by Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services or CMS) requiring vendors to have the COVID-19 vaccination or an approved exemption. There are select Customers who do not accept any exceptions. Unvaccinated Associates may be excluded from working at a Customer site, require routine testing with an approved exemption (if accepted by the Customer) or have limited Customer access impacting their ability to remain employed. Additionally, we may be required to meet state mandates on COVID-19 vaccination, exemptions and/or booster requirements. This position is a Customer-facing role that falls under a state or CMS mandate.
The Consumable Territory Manager at STERIS, you are the primary contact and sales consultant responsible for selling and supporting the Infection Prevention Technologies (IPT) Consumable portfolio of products. You will be responsible for protecting and expanding the base amount of business for Instrument Cleaning Chemistries and Sterility Assurance Products within hospitals and surgery centers.
Responsible for the overall financial performance and Customer satisfaction in their assigned territory. This is accomplished by meeting yearly sales goals, driving growth in market share from competitors, and assuring that all Customer experiences are positive, noteworthy and exceeding expectations
• Delineate and communicate the strengths and competitive advantages of STERIS products, services and technologies and how the application of these can assist the customer in meeting their objectives. Use current available tools to provide a total solution to the Customer, to ensure their consumable needs are met.
• Call on a wide spectrum of call points within hospitals and integrated delivery networks, including Sterile Processing Departments (SPD), Operating Room (OR), Infection Control, Materials Management, Biomed and C-suite (CEO, CFO, CMO)
• Actively participate in Customer functions and associations to better enhance your understanding of the Customer’s business world, and how to meet those needs more effectively
Duties - cont'd
- Bachelor's Degree
Three+ years of successful sales experience
• Two+ years of successful consumable sales experience preferred
• Demonstrated ability to successfully sell in the SPD space is preferred
• Demonstrated ability to manage large portfolio of products across multiple sell points
• Demonstrated ability to successfully negotiate large deals with senior decision makers
• Demonstrated clinical selling and concept selling skills
• Understanding of the hospital buying process including the role of National Accounts, GPO, IDN and distributors
• Ability to travel as necessary (overnight)
• Candidates must have a valid driver’s license issued in one of the 50 states and a clean driving record
• **This position may be elevated to a more senior level Territory Sales Manager role for candidates that possess an appropriate level of relevant medical sales experience as determined by STERIS**
STERIS is a leading provider of products and services that meet the needs of growth areas within Healthcare: procedures, devices, vaccines and biologics. We exist to fulfill our MISSION TO HELP OUR CUSTOMERS CREATE A HEALTHIER AND SAFER WORLD. STERIS is a $3B, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) company with approximately 16,000 associates and Customers in more than 100 countries.
If you need assistance completing the application process, please call 1 (440) 392.7047. This contact information is for accommodation inquiries only and cannot be used to check application status.
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law. We are not only committed to this policy by our status as a federal government contractor, but also we are strongly bound by the principle of equal employment opportunity.
The full affirmative action program, absent the data metrics required by § 60-741.44(k), shall be available to all employees and applicants for employment for inspection upon request. The program may be obtained at your location’s HR Office during normal business hours.