Consumables or Home & Hardlines, Client Solutions – Category Strategist (MULTIPLE OPENINGS) Manager, Marketing Planning and Strategy
What you'll do...
WALMART CONNECT (WMC)
Walmart Connect is Walmart’s media and advertising platform, uniquely designed to help brands reach hundreds of millions of shoppers across their entire shopping journey, online and in stores.
As a fast-growing brand and business within Walmart, the Fortune 1 company, we are poised for continued growth and success. Data at Scale, Omni-Channel Solutions, Closed Loop Attribution and a “One Walmart” approach are key differentiators for Walmart Connect.
We aim to serve clients and suppliers across multiple categories with insight-driven strategies and integrated marketing solutions that connect brands with our customers to fuel brand sales. When our clients win, Walmart wins. And, as a customer-centric company, we aim to always create solutions that ultimately serve our Walmart customer.
Client Solutions is WMC’s integrated marketing center of excellence for centralized, end-to-end insights-led marketing strategy, strategic planning, and omni activation of custom category and client solutions across Walmart’s touchpoints—at an unparalleled scale.
We partner with suppliers to co-create industry-first programs and breakthrough experiences that connect brands with Walmart customers, aligning goals with Walmart merchandising and marketing priorities to jointly drive commercial success.
Our competitive edge is having a deep understanding of Walmart customers and categories, access to and influence in enterprise-level strategic planning and decision-making, and passion and knack for creating innovative ways to engage customers and deliver as One Walmart.
While our commitment and obsession is to always deliver on partnership objectives, our greater ambition is to become the leading integrated marketing engine in retail and ecommerce.
To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people with an entrepreneurial mindset. This is your chance and a unique opportunity to being part of our history and future success.
Walmart Connect (WMC) is looking for an experienced data-driven strategist, storyteller, and marketing insights guru to partner with Sales to drive growth and excellence across Home & Hardlines or Consumables (Baby) Accounts
As a strategist, you will own mining, synthesizing and interrogating category level data to develop omnichannel insights that inform the media & marketing strategies you will recommend that drive growth for Walmart Connect’s brand partners.
You will be an expert resource on uncovering new opportunities and developing strategies around the Walmart shopper, category, fulfillment channel and media channel and create go-to-market strategic recommendations for your assigned departments and categories.
We have multiple openings that this position sits under in WMC Marketing, and reports to the Senior Manager of Category Strategy, in Home & Hardlines or Consumables (Baby).
Ideal candidate profile:
We’re looking for ambitious, exceptionally smart and strategic, people-oriented folks who are excited to solve business challenges holistically in creative and agile ways and encourage cross functional connectivity.
The ideal candidate has a proactive and consultative approach with deep industry and category experience. They are highly analytical and exceptionally articulate in crafting insights-driven strategies and can evolve them into persuasive business recommendations that are financially viable, anchored in business strategies.
Candidate should excel in storytelling and be comfortable in building category development opportunities that unlock incremental sales. They are self-motivated and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Become WMC’s master strategist - empower WMC Sales to drive internal and external partnerships and growth for accounts by:
- Mining and analyzing 1st and 3rd party data to uncover category-level insights, trends and opportunities that address specific seasonal & supplier business objectives for the category.
- Then, leveraging that data and your observations, to develop insights-driven retail media and marketing strategies that deliver growth for Walmart & Suppliers
- Become a trusted partner for the WMC Home & Hardlines or Consumables (Baby) sales teams focused on:
- Uncovering new category growth opportunities and creating custom and bespoke marketing collateral that drives investment in WMC media.
- Supporting and contributing to a multitude of selling opportunities including ad-hoc requests for sales-related pitch material and collateral for sizeable pitches.
- Transforming relationships with suppliers and brand owners from transactional into co-creating partnerships; as well as evolving the role into a proactive strategic thought-leadership position.
- Partner closely with the Client Solutions Integrated Planners to develop Seasonal omnichannel packages.
- Drive a “One Walmart” go-to-market approach by proactively leading partnerships with enterprise and WMC cross-functional stakeholders, to align WMC’s recommendations for suppliers with Walmart’s merchandising and marketing strategies.
- Consistently deliver a balance of analytical rigor and storytelling in every single output and communication, always being prepared to convey insights and influence with a strong point of view.
- Blend an analytical skillset with creative-strategic thinking.
- Demonstrate a spirit of partnership, collaboration, and operational agility and excellence.
- Be proactive, self-motivated and highly driven.
- Have an eye for detail and a mind for strategy.
- Relevant bachelor’s degree for this role.
- Minimum 6-8 years of experience working cross-functionally in brand or performance marketing, strategic planning, commercial strategy, shopper insights, retail or digital advertising or media.
- Relevant agency, media or brand-side cross-category experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A balance of right and left brain: Be highly analytical, curious by data and articulate in connecting insights to strategies that demonstrate creativity—that have a compelling story arc and narrative.
THE BONUS - STRONGLY PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Retail/e-commerce experience.
- Change management experience.
- Experience on ad-hoc research methodologies (Path to Purchase, Omni channel Connected Shopper Journeys, quick surveys, etc.), and with syndicated data providers (Nielsen, IRI, Mintel, MRI, NPD, Tableau, Adobe analytics, Kantar).
Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, or related field and one (1) year experience in marketing related field
Five (5) years of experience in marketing or related field.
Marketing or related field
Masters: Business Administration
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, or related field and 1 year's experience in marketing or related field OR 5 years' experience in marketing or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.MarketingMasters: Business Administration