Consumer Accessories Product Manager
The Consumer Accessories Product Manager will work collaboratively to drive the vision, strategy, and execution priorities to achieve the sales and profit plan for personalization of Onward, V2 and V4L as well as partner with the Aftermarket Accessory product manager to ensure a unified accessory strategy. This is a critical role in our product management and marketing organization with an opportunity to make a significant impact on our business.
The Product Manager is responsible for the product strategy/roadmap, managing the product throughout the product lifecycle, gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision, and working closely with engineering and operations to deliver growth. It also includes working with sales, marketing and customer support to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met. The Product Manager’s job also includes ensuring that the product and marketing efforts support the company’s overall strategy and goals. This person should possess strong analytical skills and creativity to allow him/her to make decisions to accelerate profitable growth. She/he will be fully responsible for – and accountable to – meeting or exceeding Club Car’s organic revenue growth targets, maintaining or growing market share and expanding margin.
- Product Growth Strategy: Lead the strategy cross-functionally to clearly define “Where to Play” and “How to Win” for assigned product lines. Lead long-range plan development, P&L and yearly operating plan. Lead the execution of regularly scheduled customer-focused reviews and act as a subject matter expert for your products to support short-term and long-term needs.
- Fact Base Market Analysis and Alignment: Align commercial business team on the market size and opportunities for managed product line – define market size and segments, leverage existing research and champion new research, develop fact base market analysis that clearly targets where to play for product line. Conduct regular industry, market and competitor analyses, including detailed segmentation of key vertical markets. Provide regular updates to leadership on market trends that directly impact product line and business.
- In Line Product Management: Think and act like a GM of the product; accountable for achieving the revenue and profitability goals of the products within the overall portfolio. Must review performance monthly with leadership – driving countermeasure actions where needed. Accountable to the monthly execution on the SIOP process for all products leveraging market insight from industry, customers and sales organization. Conduct regularly scheduled, customer-focused portfolio reviews of all product/service lines under management, enabling effective decisions related to product lifecycle management (including product rationalization).
- New Product Development and Roadmap Alignment: Develop product roadmap in collaboration with cross-functional peers. Create alignment on roadmap with business leadership. Work closely with program managers and development teams serving as the voice of the customer to execute on product requirements and deliver maximum value for stakeholders.
- Commercialization of New Products and Accessories: Develop commercialization and launch plan with sales and marketing; setting price, promotion, and adoption strategies. Partner on execution of the plan to deliver the business growth targets.
- Cross Functional Leadership and Support with Sales, Operations and Engineering: Be the expert in the value proposition of the product line internally and externally, ensuring the discovery and achievement of customer requirements to drive competitiveness. Lead all sales support tactics to drive growth – includes tools, collateral, training, program support and analysis. Collaborate with marketing and sales on key sales meetings and tradeshows to include content creation, presentations and demonstrations.
- Minimum of 3 years of technical, commercial, or product management experience
- Demonstrated experience in developing and launching new products or services in rapidly growing market
- Bachelor’s degree (MBA preferred)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- History of being comfortable presenting in front of groups of 10-20.
- Vehicle or consumer product related background preferred
- Must be able to travel 15-20% of the time.
Club Car is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to Minority/Females/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V) status.