Consumer Affairs Agent
No Relocation Assistance Offered
# 141048 - Topeka, Kansas, United States
Do you want to make a difference in the lives of people and their pets? What about having the opportunity to connect with others across the world, full of stimulating discussions, and making impactful contributions?
If this is how you see your career, Hill’s is the place to be!
Hill’s Pet Nutrition is a multi billion dollar, global division of Colgate-Palmolive Company and the maker of Prescription Diet, Science Diet, and Healthy Advantage brand pet food. Our mission is to help enrich and lengthen the special relationships between people and their pets by providing the best leading-edge pet nutrition technology, products, and expertise to pet owners, veterinary professionals and other key pet professionals worldwide. Our company is a globally recognized Best Place to Work.
This role is responsible for delivering exceptional customer service to Hill's consumers. The role consists of successfully managing interactions with consumers to build and increase loyalty/retention. This may include answering product questions and addressing both praises and complaints. Protect the company when handling high risk contacts (pet ill, foreign material etc.).
What you will do:
- Provide quality service and support in a variety of areas including telephone, email, chat, social media and letter inquiries (complaints, suggestions, praise, questions, and issues) from pet owners, retailers, breeders, field personnel, etc.
- Interact with, build rapport, and create goodwill across Hill's stakeholders by applying SOP's and escalate exceptions as needed.
- Summarize and enter inquiries accurately and thoroughly with attention to usability into the Consumer Response computer system following established guidelines
- Analyze personal performance metrics and amplify strengths and opportunities for growth.
- Participate within team to identify strengths and process improvements.
- System support, issues identification, submitting IT ticket requests and conducting systems testing.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Complies with all policies and standards
- High School Diploma o Equivalent
- At least 3 years of customer service
- Ability to address issues, resolve complaints and difficult consumer conversations through standard and escalated SOP's.
- Strong sense of empathy for Pet Parents and ability to respond in difficult situations
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and sometimes high-pressure environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Organizational skills with the ability to manage numerous projects and priorities at once
- Positive and service-oriented attitude
- Basic computer skills and excellent phone disposition
- Ability to reference technical product information to provide customer support
- Demonstrate integrity and commitment to customer satisfaction and a passion for excellence while servicing customers
- Sense of integrity and commitment to customer satisfaction
- Passion for excellence with respect to treating and caring for other employees and external customers
Salary Range $34,160 - $49,875 USD
Pay is based on several non discriminatory factors including but not limited to experience, education, skills and office location. In addition to your salary, Colgate-Palmolive offers a performance based bonus and competitive benefits package.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Colgate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, marital status, veteran status (United States positions), or any other characteristic protected by law.
Are you interested in working for Hill's Pet Nutrition? You can apply online and attach all relevant documents such as a cover letter and resume or CV. Applications received by e-mail are not considered in the selection process. Become part of our team. We look forward to your application.
Work that matters, fueled by passion for pets! At Hill’s we have a purpose. Every day around the world, we transform the lives of millions of pet families through pioneering innovation, amazing nutrition, and the best and brightest people. Founded more than 75 years ago with an unwavering commitment to pet nutrition, Hills' mission is to help enrich and lengthen the special relationships between people and their pets.
HILL'S® Prescription Diet® therapeutic pet foods, HILL'S® Science Diet® and HILL'S® Ideal Balance™ wellness pet foods are sold worldwide. Hill’s is a division of Colgate-Palmolive, a leading global consumer products company, tightly focused on Oral Care, Personal Care, Home Care and Pet Nutrition, with sales of products in more than 200 countries. To learn more about Hill's and Colgate, please visit http://www.hillspet.com and http://www.colgatepalmolive.com, or find us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
Reasonable accommodation during the application process is available for persons with disabilities. Please contact [email protected] with the subject "Accommodation Request" should you require accommodation.