Consumer Affairs Manager
THOR Industries, Inc.
Purpose: this position exists to resolve product related disputes and authorize settlements as the last internal step before litigation or arbitration.
- Provide case management for all product matters representing Jayco’s interests in arbitration, mediation or dispute resolution.
- Investigate consumer complaints; negotiating resolutions/settlements.
- Prepare chronologies of significant events, repair history and fact analysis.
- Work with corporate legal counsel providing accurate education, information and strategies for our specific issues in order for counsel to provide best defense in legal matters.
- Respond to and coordinate responses to interrogatories, production of documents, product and case research and supplier support.
- Participating in or coordinating others’ participation in depositions.
- Communicating risk assessments to management via Unit Settlement Summaries.
- Monitor all property damage, injury and death claims relating to Jayco product.
- Manage legal releases, title securement, title branding, vehicle resale and disclosure notices, damage disclosures and final costs.
- Responds to attorney general letters, BBB complaints, magazine letters and attorney demand letters made on behalf of retail owners.
- Communicates legal information to appropriate personnel within the company.
- Reviews and communicates with Customer Service, dealer, and supplier personnel on potential hot or legal issues and lemon laws.
- Reviews company brochures, owner’s manuals, policy and procedure manuals, etc. suggesting improvements for legal compliance.
- Identifies potential legal or safety issues as identified by dealers and consumers; communicates and/or makes recommendations on improvement or resolution.
- Responsible for making settlement decisions independently within their authorization limits.
- Establishes pre-legal reserves.
Required Experience/ Knowledge
- Minimum 3 years prior related experience and knowledge equivalent to a bachelor’s degree is required.
Preferred Experience/ Knowledge
- General knowledge of federal and state product liability laws and lemon laws.
- Significant general product knowledge and familiarity with RV codes and standards.
- General knowledge of legal terms and warranty language.
Necessary Skills & Abilities
- Excellent record retention skills are required.
- Strong communication skills are required.
- Strong customer service or manufacturing background preferred.
- Proficient in MicroSoft Office software.
- Must be able to influence others at all levels both inside and outside of the company.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple projects efficiently while maintaining a positive attitude.
- This position may require sitting, standing, working in front of a computer monitor in an office setting approximately 95% of the day.
- Requires ability to occasionally travel between field locations.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, and stoop, kneel, or crouch; use hands to fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. Must be able to frequently lift and move up to 10 pounds.
- This position is a full-time position, which may require some flexibility in hours & days worked (including Saturdays, as needed).
- Remote work: not available.
- Supervisory duties: None.
Management reserves the right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.