Consumer Affairs Representative
Downers Grove, IL
General Summary: Represents first consumer experience for business via traditional Consumer Affairs channels/answers inquiries via email, phones, and chat; complaint intake & resolution management; supports D2C inquires; supports monthly reporting and contributes to the product knowledge hub.
- Effectively and accurately engages with consumers through phone calls, chat and email regarding product characteristics, ingredients, function etc., and facilitates resolution.
- Supports D2C Sales (consumer inquiries, back office, investigation, trends, reports, troubleshooting)
- Provides exceptional service to all internal and external customers.
- Adheres and contributes to defining processes that produce best-in-class consumer engagement experiences, focusing on constant improvement and a value-based approach.
- Ability to explore creative ways to successfully drive consumer engagement that will lead team to improved customer satisfaction.
- Navigates Q&A for all brands while being an expert in one of the following, assigned categories of GPN brands: Lifestyle, Weight Management or Sports Nutrition.
- Documents all consumer complaints (Regular and Serious/Adverse Events), initiates the complaint intake process to escalate to manufacturing and quality, and maintains the consumer relationship until complaint closure.
- Stays current on existing, next-generation and innovation products through module attendance and application.
- Utilizes SAP for order processing, management and investigating.
- Contributes to delivering department KPIs.
- Additional duties may include but are not limited to Ad-Hoc consumer trend/complaint analysis, coordinating competitive intelligence, reporting, and cross-functional projects.
- Plays an integral role in issues/crisis management team and traceability scenarios.
- Builds relationships with internal stakeholders to ensure business continuity.
- Handles sensitive information with the highest degree of integrity and confidentiality.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Detail oriented and exceptionally thorough
- Must have exceptional communication and listening skills
- Must be proficient with Microsoft programs, especially Outlook
- General understanding of SAP and Business Objects is a plus
- Experience with consumer inquiry solutions/ticketing systems
- Solution mindset; identify issues as they arise and mitigating actions
- Expresses team mentality and readiness to jump in to help where skill set is needed
Decision Making/ Problem Solving:
- Presents and elevates business issues discovered through consumer and retailer feedback.
- Creates SOP’s and new work flows for the integration of global commercial issues.
- Acts as primary decision maker for Fraud criteria regarding D2C sales.
- Bachelor’s degree or commiserate work experience
- One to three years of relevant work experience
- Experience in the health & wellness industry or CPG industry a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication (bilingual is a plus)
- Must be able to handle stressful situations and have high-level problem-solving skills