Consumer Communications Internship- Summer 2023
Ferrara Candy Company, Inc.
What You'll Do:
We’re looking for current juniors interested in public relations, social media and/or paid advertising for internship opportunities in the summer of 2023. Internships are competitive, 10-12 weeks in length, and will focus on a variety of exciting projects specific to the internship area. Through these projects, mentorship, exposure to leadership, and a final project, you will gain unparalleled experience for your future career. This hybrid role is based out of our Chicago headquarters at the Old Post Office and will not require travel.
Ways you will make a difference
• Partner with internal teams and external agencies to help plan and execute strategic consumer activations for brands across paid, earned and owned media channels.
• Assist in development/review of press materials (releases, pitches, media lists, etc.).
• Support community management, content creation, and brand fan influencer engagement on social via always-on content, agile activations, and social listening and monitoring.
• Contribute to exceptionally relevant paid media strategies, executions, reports, and measurement
• Stay up-to-date on emerging trends in technology and media to bring forward innovative and creative solutions to internal team.
• Learn from mentors at peer and leadership level.
• Present final project to department leaders.
• Learn best-in-class business practices from leaders in Marketing, Corporate Communications, Consumer Affairs, Paid Media, Social Media and PR.
Experiences & Skills that will support your success
• Current Junior, majoring in: Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, Digital/Social Media Marketing or Advertising
• Demonstrated leadership abilities and involvement on campus
• Excellent presentation, communication, and analytical skills
• Agile thinker, problem solver and self-starter
• Passion for social media and culture/trends
• Avid consumer of news with an understanding of the evolving media landscape
• Strong analytical and organizational skills
• Exceptional collaboration skills
• Strong ability to prioritize and manage multiple deliverables
• High levels of energy, creativity and enthusiasm
• Comfortable operating in highly dynamic and fast-paced environments
• Curiosity in finding online trends and turning them into branded opportunities
• Gets excited to draft Twitter copy one day as the voice of a worm and create a TikTok the next day embodying Gen Z culture
• Eye for creative social content and passion to produce in collaboration with peers