Consumer Insights Analyst
The Consumer Insights Analyst will be responsible for gathering and sharing user and market insights for a diverse set of brands across multiple product platforms. These insights will be used to inform and support strategic business decision making, product and value proposition, design (including new product development), brand positioning and strategy, pricing, demand generation, and go to market strategy. This role reports to the Consumer Insights Manager and the Director, Consumer Insights and Category Management.
- Overall – Conduct insights initiatives and analysis in support of critical strategic planning activities to support the growth and profitability for each business segment and platform. Support the insights of market, brand, channel, and end-user working with internal and external teams / agencies. Work closely with Product Management, Marketing, and other cross-functional teams that impact the user experience journey to execute research that identifies and addresses key knowledge gaps in end-users and markets.
- Insights – Conduct qualitative and quantitative user research. Through primary and secondary research, identify end-user needs, wants, problems, likes and dislikes with respect to target home improvement and professional applications. Execute market analysis and research activities including trend, macro market, industry, and competitive understanding. Conduct research activities via internal and external data sources; manage external agency partners. Primary research examples include segmentation, concept testing, packaging evaluation, shopper journey, brand awareness, brand health index, net promoter score, price elasticity, plus other key research types.
- Design & Oversight – Help determine the appropriate methodology and facilitate the data collection process and analytic work plan to ensure all available information is generated to support business objectives. Administers research initiatives and ensures projects meet time and budget parameters.
- Analytics - Analyze, interpret, and synthesize findings from primary and secondary research sources, drawing conclusions that are measurable, impactful, and accessible.
- Business Application – Act as a business partner cross-functionally to bring the end-user and market perspective to strategy, planning and portfolio decisions. Leverage and interpret insights to identify business opportunities that drive profitable growth and competitive advantage; gain internal support to act upon these opportunities. Convey analysis and recommendations via presentations and written reports. Supports the maintenance of our insights database that informs and provides resources to the organization.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Research, Data Science, Statistics, Behavioral Research or User Research.
- 3-5 years’ experience in qualitative and quantitative research methods.
- Strong storytelling skills and business acumen to weave together insights from multiple data sources into compelling recommendations.
- Strategic thinker: ability to utilize data and analytics to make informed business decisions; ability to translate data into meaningful information for Rust-Oleum and customers.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to conduct business analysis on market, product performance, and competitive landscape, among other areas
- Experience moderating focus groups and conducting in-depth interviews a plus.
- Consumer Packaged Goods and/or Hardware & Home Improvement industry experience a plus.
- Attend industry conferences/trade shows as necessary and summarize actionable insights.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), online market research platforms, and statistical analytic software.
- Technical Understanding & Business Acumen: Knows the business and the mission-critical technical and functional skills to perform the job at a high level. Understands various types of business propositions and how the business operates. Learn new methods and technologies easily.
- Problem Solving: Can understand and evaluate complex issues and devise and implement successful solutions; is focused on results and can see hidden problems; takes logical approach and probes fruitful sources for answers; is proactive and decisive in nature.
- Learning Agility: Learns quickly when facing new problems. Is a relentless and versatile learner and is open to change. Enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks and can quickly discern the underlying structure of anything.
- Action Oriented: Enjoys working hard and is full of energy, steadfastly pushing self and other for results. Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully and is consistently a top performer.
- Project Management: Ability to define and allocate tasks performed by the team in pursuit of defined success metrics within specified time constraints.
- Communication: Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills. Is clear, concise, and persuasive.
- Attention to Detail: Strong multi-tasking ability as well as ability to manage deadlines in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment.
- Self-Motivated and Proactive: Strives for excellence and continuous improvement.
- Teamwork: Able to work cross-functionally across Product Management, Marketing, Category Management, Sales, and other departments across the organization.
- Integrity and Trust: Is widely trusted, is seen as direct, truthful and can make a case in an appropriate and helpful manner.
- Must have a can-do attitude and the desire to go above and beyond in all you do!
DAP is a market leading manufacturer, innovator and marketer of home repair and construction products including caulks, sealants, spray foam insulation, adhesives, and patch and repair products. DAP is part of RPM International Inc., a $6.1 billion, multinational company with subsidiaries that are world leaders in specialty coatings, sealants, building materials and related services.
You will find DAP products in the hands of professional painters, remodelers, builders, and do-it-yourselfers, and in 60,000 retail outlets, ranging from home centers and mass merchandisers to your local hardware, pro contractor channels and paint stores. DAP's eight manufacturing and distribution facilities in the United States of America and Canada service North America and the world.
At DAP, we hire the best people and give them a collaborative and rewarding work environment that empowers them to succeed! We support associates in continuous professional growth and collaborate on the steps it takes to get to the next level in their careers. Our associates enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including 401(k) with company match, pension, paid parental leave, competitive health insurance rates, employee stock purchase plan, tuition reimbursement, free wellness programs and more! Learn more about DAP’s history, culture and benefits at www.dap.com/careers/
DAP - On the job since 1865.