CONTAINER HAULER (DAY SHIFT)
Y. Hata & Co. Ltd.
*Starting at $24.00/hr with years of experience taken into consideration.
Position Summary Description:
Pick up and deliver containers from various ports- (Pasha, Matson Young Brothers) and deliver to Various warehouses, Ports, and Locations on the island of Oahu. Safely operating various types of trucks and equipment including pallet jack and forklift. Must also conduct a pre-trip and post-trip inspections of vehicle and equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Pick up and deliver containers to and from various company warehouses/ports.
- Must be able to communicate and work efficiently with co-workers.
- Occasionally help to unload container using pallet jack / forklift.
- Must be able to dock and maneuver containers in tight areas.
- Performs daily inspection of truck and general maintenance, including fueling and cleaning.
- Adheres to all Federal and State driver guidelines.
- Performs similar and related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Uses the Company’s Mission/Vision Statements and Core Values as their guiding principles.
Education/Training and Experience:
- One year of Drayage, Container hauling experience, and possess familiarity with Pasha, Matson, Young Brothers, local roadways, townships within the area.
- One year experience of distribution or warehouse experience, preferably in food service.
- Must possess a valid Commercial Driver’s License (Class A).
- Must possess a valid Medical Examiner’s Certificate (PUC Card).
- Must possess a clean driver’s history.
- Must be able to obtain TWIC.
- Must be able to successfully complete in-house Pallet test and forklift certification test.
- Must be able to read road signs, building numbers, and maps.
- Occasionally required to lift and carry objects weighing up to 100 lbs.
- Competitive Pay
- 401(k) with Company Matching
- Life insurance
- Employee Discounts
- Advancement Opportunities
- Flexible On-Demand Pay
We are a Drug-Free Workplace and Equal Opportunity Employer.Apply Now