Continuous Improvement Engineer
Rancho Cordova, CA
We begin with dreams. Dreams drive our motivation. Dreams are our future. The world's dreams, people's dreams, our dreams. Our passion creates ideas that make dreams come alive. Technology and products that were only dreams become reality.
All for dreams. Dreams challenge and the Nidec-Group will continue to meet the challenge. For the world's and people's tomorrows; the world's first, the world's best technologies and products; we will continue our part in creating a better society.
Job SummaryOur Company
Motion Control Engineering (MCE) has enjoyed a history of innovation, rapid growth, and success. One of the early pioneers in the development of non-proprietary elevator controls, MCE is now the largest and most successful independent elevator control manufacturer in the world. In 2012, MCE became part of Nidec Corporation which is the World’s leading manufacturer of motors ranging from small precision to Ultra-size Motors. MCE’s elevator control products move people daily in tens of thousands of buildings around the world. Some of the most notable and recognizable buildings include the Statue of Liberty, The Washington Monument, The US Capitol Building, The US Supreme Court Building. MCE’s elevator control products also exist in thousands of buildings in universities, hospitals, shopping malls, housing projects, office buildings, etc. MCE is also the leading company in Nidec’s Global Elevator Solutions Group which serves the markets outside North America.
The key to our success is our people, technology, and quality. MCE’s people have a variety of educational achievement levels and work experiences and represent a broad cultural diversity.
The opportunities you will find at MCE are limited only by your desire to grow and succeed.
The Industrial Engineer supports the Industrial activities and the processes and systems for production.
- Improves manufacturing processes and methods for cost-reduction, quality improvement and efficiency.
- Assists in improving a system of production control, standard operating procedures, safety, quality control and training.
- Performs research, design and development of manufacturing processes including production flow, assembly methods and production equipment.
- Supports the manufacturing launch of new/revised products including establishing goals, training team members and evaluating results.
- Supports design, development and tests and/or sources and cost-justifies various tools, machinery and equipment for recommended manufacturing methods.
- Performs product/process analysis for cost reduction, quality improvement, and improved efficiency.
- Represents manufacturing on cross-functional teams.
- Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- 2-4 years of experience
Additional Job Details
An experienced professional manufacturing environment leader. This position is focused on 3Q6S and OPEX Deployment roadmap including lean tools, lean principles and lean implementation techniques building disciplines to sustain operational excellence. This role requires influential leadership skills and the ability to work with all levels of the organization across different product lines.
- Facilitates, train and track Value Stream Map and resulting kaizen roadmap.
- Teach, implement, and support Daily Management System deployment and maturity.
- Contribute productivity and cost reduction projects to equal a multiple of salary.
- Focus improvements as assigned
- Achieve Lean Tool Expert status on assigned lean tools through the tool certification process
Industrial and Systems Engineering or related degree
2-5 years’ experience
WHAT WE’RE BRINGING TO THE TABLE
- Competitive salary based on qualifications: $80K - $90K
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 10 Paid Holidays
- 401(k) and company match
- Short term and long-term disability insurance
- Medical, dental, and vision plans with options
- Life insurance
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at Nidec
Nidec is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, genetic information, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following website: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Nidec will not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third party recruiting agencies in response to Nidec job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers. Pre-approval from the Nidec Talent Acquisition team is required before any external candidate can be submitted and such candidate must be submitted to the Nidec Talent Acquisition team.ID:uDnQdo