Continuous Improvement Lead
Kraft Heinz Company
The Kraft Heinz Company is one of the largest food and beverage companies in the world, with eight $1 billion+ brands and global sales of approximately $25 billion. We’re a globally trusted producer of high-quality, great-tasting, and nutritious foods for over 150 years. Our brands are truly global, with products produced and marketed in over 40 countries. These beloved products include condiments and sauces, cheese and dairy, meals, meats, refreshment beverages, coffee, infant and nutrition products, and numerous other grocery products in a portfolio of more than 200 legacy and emerging brands.
No matter the brand, we’re united under one vision: To sustainably grow by delighting more consumers globally. Bringing this vision to life is our team of 39,000+ food lovers, creative thinkers, and high performers worldwide. Together, we help provide meals to those in need through our global partnership with Rise Against Hunger. We also stand committed to responsible, sustainable practices that extend to every facet of our business, our consumers, and our communities. Every day, we’re transforming the food industry with bold thinking and unprecedented results. If you share our passion – and are ready to create the future, build a legacy, and lead as a global citizen – there’s only one thing to do: join our table and let’s make life delicious!
Our Culture of Ownership, Meritocracy & Collaboration
We're not afraid to think differently. Embrace new ideas. Dream big. We empower our people at every level – from entry-level intern to senior leader – to own their work. We share a responsibility to think like Owners – to be mindful of the collective and sustained success of Kraft Heinz – which we apply to every situation, every day. As part of Kraft Heinz, you're supported to grow and achieve. You’re expected to bring your authentic self to work every day, to lead with humility, and drive outstanding performance at every level – and you’ll be rewarded. You’re given opportunities to leave a mark and build a legacy. But you won’t do it alone. You’re supported by passionate teammates along the way, and our collective, collaborative spirit fuels our incredible progress.
Continuous Improvement Lead
Kraft Heinz Company
The Kraft Heinz Company is currently seeking a Continuous Improvement (CI) Lead to work at our facility in Muscatine, IA. Ideal candidates must be safety and quality orientated and be willing to work in a team orientated, fast paced work environment.
Kraft Heinz is an EO employer – Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled and other protected categories
Benefits & Compensation Overview:
We offer a variety of benefits depending on how you chose what is best for you, but what is offered are:
- Additional perks: Pet Insurance, (EAP) Employee Assistance Program, Company paid Life Insurance, Company paid Short-term disability
- (HRA) Health Reimbursement Account or (HSA) Health Savings Account.
- A shift differential for those who work second or third shift.
Plant & Community Overview:
Bullet points you may want to include are:
- Over 300 employees
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd shift opportunities
- Union Plant, represented by UFCW 431
- Original Construction 1892
- 2nd Heinz Plant - First west of Mississippi.
- Opening in 1893 as Heinz Pickling Works.
- First Products: Sauerkraut, Horseradish, Pickles
- 1895 started Tomato Processing
- Current Products: Ketchups, L&P, Heinz Homestyle Gravy, Single Serve Ketchup, 57 Sauce, and BBQ Sauces
Welcome to Muscatine, IA: Muscatine, IA - Official Website | Official Website
Are you ready to work at HJ Heinz’s longest operating facility and join a team that produces quality products that are amongst over 50 household brands in the U.S.? This is a place for you to create your career and make a difference!
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Facilitates the line loss analysis (waste elimination and yield improvement) and line throughput improvement plans
- Leads transformation analysis and centerline definition and associated standard development
- Analysis daily and shift line data to identify and prioritize loss elimination opportunities
- Participates in internal audit program, food safety committee, and sanitary design team
- Spends time on the floor to gather information on stops, centerlines and changeovers over the past 24 hours
- Investigates initial root cause of top stops
- Begin to develop plan for the day for ownership areas
- Attend level 2 meetings
- Attend DDS meetings
- Discuss top stops and root cause. Establish countermeasures in plan for the day
- Ensure centerline completion and compliance. Create countermeasures on any outages
- Works with Process Owner, and Maintenance Lead to address sporadic losses
- Lead Universal Problem Solving to eliminate chronic losses for the line
- Manage centerline and Quality Daily Management Systems
- Perform all other duties as assigned by management.
- Comply with all established GMP, Housekeeping guidelines, Housekeeping responsibilities and QRMP operating procedures
- Assist in the implementation of the QRMP program and acts as trainer of new associates
- Flexibility to adjust to shifts to work with employees from all shifts as required
- AM Step 2 qualified or demonstrate expertise in CIL, Basic Problem Solving (6W, 2H)
- Willingness to become Centerline Management System qualified within one month
- Willingness to become Green Belt qualified within one year
- Works overtime as necessary
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Capable of learning intermediate Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Power Point, Microsoft Word
- Strong planning/organizational skills and communication skills
- Ability to understand and coach management systems including but not limited to CIL, CLM and 5S
- Ability to understand and write WINs, SOPs and OPLs
- Can effectively lead RCFA events
- High School Diploma/GED required
- Works overtime as required
- Flexibility to adjust shift schedule to work with employees on other shifts as required