Contract Administrator III
Job SummaryGeneral Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Under general direction, this position is responsible for supporting one or more business units in the management of contracts.
- Areas of responsibility include proposal review, contract preparation, negotiation, and administration, verifying export classification and foreign restrictions, and customer interface to provide for contract award and fulfillment in accordance with company policy.
- Reviews, interprets, recommends, and negotiates contractual terms and conditions and interprets established policies, procedures, and standard practices to develop proactive plans to ensure contract activities achieve desired objectives and timetables.
- Represents the organization as the primary administrative contact on assigned contracts.
- Reviews bids and proposals to ensure they meet company policy and customer solicitation requirements.
- Identifies contract issues and provides leadership in developing solutions.
- Participates in and may lead negotiating and modifying standard contracts and assists in negotiating and modifying non-standard contracts/subcontracts.
- Reviews, drafts as necessary, and negotiates terms and conditions of non-disclosure, teaming, license, and memorandum of understanding agreements.
- Advises management of contractual rights and obligations and provides interpretation of terms and conditions.
- Maintains an awareness of regulatory changes and their impact on contracts/subcontracts, including export considerations.
- Maintains, analyzes, updates, and develops various electronic and hard copy records.
- Makes internal presentations and acts as a contact with customers and outside organizations.
- Provides direction to assigned professional staff.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Additional Functions Other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires a bachelor's degree in business administration with an emphasis in contract administration or a related discipline, along with six or more years of progressive professional experience in contract administration. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Must have a complete understanding of contract principles, theories and concepts and be fully knowledgeable of practices, techniques, and standards.
- Must be customer focused and possess:
- The ability to develop solutions to a variety of complex problems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills to accurately document and report findings to a variety of audiences.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to influence and guide employees, managers, customers and other external parties.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment is essential as is the ability to travel as required.