Contracts Administrator I
San Antonio, TX
The Contracts Administrator I is responsible for assisting in the management of legal, financial, and operational risk for Cherokee Nation Businesses and its subsidiaries. The role involves drafting, reviewing, and assisting with negotiations and data entry and electronic filing of documents related to Federal Government Contracts and/or Subcontracts.. The Contracts Administrator I prepares and/or reviews proposal artifacts in response to a Federal Government Request for Proposal (RFP). This position will review and/or negotiate on behalf of Cherokee Nation Business LLCs Federal Government Contracts of varying types (FFP, T&M, IDIQ, CPFF, performance based, etc.), teaming, consulting, and non-disclosure agreements, memorandum of understanding, and other contract related documents. The Contracts Administrator I ensures compliance with customer, contractor, and corporate policies and procedures, interprets contractual and procurement regulations, and supports internal and external customers by developing solutions to complex issues. Building and maintaining excellent customer relations, maintaining contract databases, and performing other assigned duties are also part of the responsibilities.
Compensation & Benefits:
Estimated Starting Salary Range for Contracts Administrator I: $40,000 - $76,000
Pay commensurate with experience.
Full-time benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, and other possible benefits as provided. Benefits are subject to change with or without notice.
Contracts Administrator I Responsibilities Include:
• Prepares and/or reviews proposal artifacts in response to a Federal Government Request for Proposal (RFP)
• Reviews and/or negotiates on behalf of Cherokee Nation Business LLCs Federal Government Contracts of varying types (FFP, T&M, IDIQ, CPFF, performance based, etc.), teaming, consulting, and non-disclosure agreements, memorandum of understanding, and other contract related documents.
• Ensure compliance with customer, contractor, and corporate policies and procedures.
• Ensures all contract provisions are in compliance with internal policies and requirements.
• Ensures compliance with customer, contractor and corporate obligations.
• Identifies changes and develops appropriate requests for equitable adjustments.
• Assist with program management by interpreting contractual, FAR/DFAR, and unique procurement regulations.
• Support internal and external customers by developing solutions to complex issues.
• Establish and maintain excellent customer relations.
• Support management's client relationship initiative.
• Maintain contract database and contractual reporting.
• Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Contracts Administrator I Experience, Education, Skills, Abilities requested:
• Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or related field.
• 2 to 4 years of commercial and/or government contract administration experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience with risk mitigation, drafting and negotiating contract terms and conditions, and change orders required.
• Experience with government and/or international contract administration and FAR/DFAR requirements preferred.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent presentation skills.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
• Ability to read and comprehend complex contracts.
• Ability to understand and identify contractual requirements and obligations.
• Ability to prioritize and execute multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
• Knowledge of various contract types including Firm Fixed Price (FFP), Time & Materials (T&M), Indefinite Delivery Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ), Cost Plus Fixed Fee (CPFF), and performance-based.
• Knowledge of specialized software such as Spectrum and Contract Lifecycle Management Software.
Cherokee Nation Businesses (CNB) is a leading provider of support, services, and solutions to federal and commercial customers. CNB takes a personalized approach to solving clients' toughest challenges, enabling employees to make the most of their skills. CNB is part of Cherokee Federal, a team of tribally owned federal contracting companies. For more information, visit cherokee-federal.com.
Similar searchable job titles: Contracts Specialist, Contract Administrator, Government Contracts Administrator, Contract Coordinator, Contract Analyst, Principal Contracts Administrator, Contract Analyst, Contract Advisor..
Keywords: Contracts, Administration, Government, Commercial, Risk Management, Negotiation, Compliance, Program Management, Customer Relations, Database Management, License agreement, government contracts..
Legal Disclaimer: Cherokee Federal is an equal opportunity employer. Please visit cherokee-federal.com/careers for information regarding our Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer Statement and Accommodation request.