Contracts Management Program Lead – (B3)
Santa Clara, CA
Contracts Management Program Lead
- Oversee the outsourced contracts management program for global indirect procurement, including operational oversight, leading program development and improvements, managing stakeholders and escalations, and driving quarterly business reviews.
- Serve as a liaison to the commercial contracting, data privacy, and other Legal department teams.
- Work collaboratively with Legal, sourcing, and other teams to improve contract templates, policies, and processes.
- Support the development of Global Procurement Services (GPS) legal contracting standards.
- Drive contracting trainings for GPS, partners, and stakeholders.
- Empathetic and service-oriented leadership
- An ability to teach and train individuals with various backgrounds, skills, and experiences.
- An ability to proactively engage, listen to, and support diverse and global partners and stakeholders.
- An ability to communicate disagreement tactfully and directly when necessary, including with your direct manager.
- An inescapable obsession with constant improvement of processes, frameworks, trainings, guidance, etc.
- A love of chaos and the process of transforming it into something clear and organized, with a process mindset.
- An ability to manage complex, demanding, and sometimes conflicting stakeholder expectations.
- Curiosity, humility, and the desire to grow.
- Candidates with diverse backgrounds and transferable skills will be considered.
- JD preferred but not required.
- Experience with the following procurement contracting types: services (consulting, milestone SOWs, etc.), hardware/software (including SaaS, on-prem), and goods/equipment.
- Experience leading an outsourced program preferred.
- Experience working with, supporting, coaching, and encouraging people with diverse backgrounds and experiences.
- Program management experience
This is a job for contracting nerds, transformation enthusiasts, and service-driven leaders. As the Contracts Management Program Lead, you will oversee the Global Procurement Services (GPS) outsourced contracts management program and drive the continued transformation of contracting for all indirect purchases. Reporting into the Contracting team within the Strategy, Performance Management, and Governance pillar of indirect procurement, you will work alongside, consult with, and learn from professionals in data and analytics, policy, and internal marketing. While this role will initially focus on North America contracting, program success can lead to global expansion.
The GPS contracts management program is an outsourced program that serves as the first line of support for legal redline review and contracting question support for the North America GPS sourcing and buying teams. It manages the GPS fallbacks documentation and support processes to drive stronger controls in the GPS contracting process and ensure that the Legal department receives appropriate contracts for escalated review. In addition, the contracts management program serves as the execution arm for the Applied Materials global end-to-end data privacy execution program, helping to ensure checks for Data Privacy Agreement obligations and driving requirements from contract drafting to signature to engaging the Legal Privacy team for assessments and guidance. In general, the GPS contracts management program is responsible for continuous improvement as GPS continues its global transformation, focusing especially on supporting the GPS goal of making buying better, faster, and safer.
Applied Materials GPS is a Global support organization that enables the purchasing of the indirect goods, services, and contingent workforce required for Applied Materials to operate smoothly and support our end customers. As GPS, we support stakeholders across the globe through Sourcing, Contracting, Category and Supplier Management, analytics, and transactional procurement. We influence spend across the following categories: IT Hardware, Software and Telecommunications, Consulting, Professional Services, Facilities, Real Estate, Equipment and Equipment Maintenance as well as Contingent Workforce.
GPS is a dynamic and agile organization in the process of significant transformation and expansion. We are looking for passionate, driven, collaborative people who will be curious, ask hard questions, and challenge themselves and others. Our talented, diverse team supports Applied globally, and has fun together while achieving amazing results for Applied as a market leader in our exciting semiconductor and display industry.
Years of Experience:7 - 10 Years
Time Type:Full time
Employee Type:Assignee / Regular
Travel:Yes, 10% of the Time
U.S. Salary Range:$88,000.00 - $121,000.00
The salary offered to a selected candidate will be based on multiple factors including location, hire grade, job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and with consideration of internal equity of our current team members. In addition to a comprehensive benefits package, candidates may be eligible for other forms of compensation such as participation in a bonus and a stock award program, as applicable.
For all sales roles, the posted salary range is the Target Total Cash (TTC) range for the role, which is the sum of base salary and target bonus amount at 100% goal achievement.
Applied Materials is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law.ID:uDnQdo