Control Room Operator – $ Sign-on Bonus Eligible $
Join us in creating a sustainable future and becoming a protector of tomorrow!
Control Room Operator
Covanta is seeking a Control Room Operator (CRO) to join our Covanta Essex Waste-to-Energy Facility! We are looking for a dedicated individual who, working under the direct supervision of the Shift Supervisor and with a team of Operators, is responsible for monitoring and control of all plant systems. This position will respond to alarms by taking appropriate corrective actions and execute approved plant shutdown and start-up procedures, and assure that the plant meets it’s operational, environmental and safety commitments. The Control Room Operator (CRO) provides guidance to Crane and Auxiliary Operators to maintain safe and efficient operation.
- To qualify you must have a HS diploma/GED with a minimum of 3 yrs of power plant/relevant experience. Associate degree in a technical field or equivalent experience is preferred.
- Candidate must pass the ASME QRO Provisional Licensing exam within the first year of holding the position.
- Must be able to work 12 hour rotating shifts.
- Basic computer knowledge, experience reading blueprints, P&ID's and schematic specifications.
- Strong leadership and excellent oral and written skills, including the ability to problem solve and make good decisions. Adequate math skills to complete required job functions.
- The capability to manage critical events and prioritize in an emergency, providing clear directions in operational, safety and environmental tasks.
- The ability to manage crews, work in closed quarters, confined spaces, climb ladders and structures, lift and carry up to 50 pounds, sit for long periods, tolerate heights and high temperatures and to be fit tested and able to wear a respirator.
Overtime Available, Annual Bonus Pay, and Comprehensive Company Benefits are included. Medical Insurance & other Benefits begin DAY ONE of Employment.
Covanta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
EOE AA M/F/Protected Veteran Status/Disability EEO is the Law Poster (The poster can be found at https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf). Level, Title and/or Salary may be adjusted based on the applicant's experience or skills.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.ID:uDnQdo