Control System Lead
JLL supports the Whole You, personally and professionally.
Our people at JLL are shaping the future of real estate for a better world by combining world class services, advisory and technology to our clients. We are committed to hiring the best, most talented people in our industry; and we support them through professional growth, flexibility, and personalized benefits to manage life in and outside of work. Whether you’ve got deep experience in commercial real estate, skilled trades, and technology, or you’re looking to apply your relevant experience to a new industry, we empower you to shape a brighter way forward so you can thrive professionally and personally.
About the Role
As a Control Systems Lead, you will lead service technicians on the team with maintaining, troubleshooting, and modifying Material Handling (MHE) controls systems equipment to ensure operational performance. You will support the Operations Maintenance team by designing solutions for difficult problems and managing projects. You will help train, and mentor service and contract technicians.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- Promote a safe working environment by following all safety procedures
- Troubleshoot and modify software programs for material handling control systems, including PLC/PC controllers, Allen Bradley Controllogix and Compactlogix PLC platform utilizing RSLogix 5000 software package. Including Industrial networks such as Ethernet, ControlNet, DeviceNet, Profibus, AS-I, motor control systems, servo drives, frequency drives, and electrical distribution systems.
- Act as first level escalation support for the control system technician teams. Appropriately escalate downtime situations to vendors or headquarters for support to restore equipment operation.
- Apply subject matter expertise in material handling and electronic control systems to maximize building utilization of systems
- Monitor MHE metrics and partner with Controls Technicians and Mechanics to resolve equipment electrical problems that create performance deficiencies.
- Partner with Facility Operations leadership, equipment vendors and parts suppliers to plan and coordinate new technology installations. Acting as the technical consultant for capital projects inside the building
- Communicate technical issues and project timelines with building leadership, operations and the maintenance team. Explain production impacts and work closely with operations and engineering to ensure a thorough understanding of impact to systems
- Develop training plans for Control Systems Technicians
- Travel up to 20% at a minimum.
- Associates degree with a focus in in Electronic Technology or equivalent experience
- Ability to work a flexible schedule/shift/work area including weekends, nights, and/or holidays
- 1 year of experience working with computers and Microsoft Office (including Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related field
- 5+ years of experience with Motor Controls (motor starts, variable frequency drives, DC drives, and standard electrical components)
- 5+ years of experience with Programmable Logic Controls (PLC) programs
- 3+ years with SCADA systems and KPI's
- 3+ years of experience supporting a wide range of conveyors and sortation systems
- Leadership and project management experience
- Experience with ASRS systems and Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS)
- 1+ year of experience working with Allen Bradley
- 1+ years maintaining and troubleshooting robotics systems
- Repetitive bending, crouching, kneeling, reaching, twisting, sitting, standing, and walking during
- Lifting parts and tools weighing on average 20 pounds, occasionally weighing up to 49 pounds
- Dexterity in eye/hand coordination, feet (foot pedals) manual (picking, pinching, holding, grasping), and wrist motion (repetitive flexion/rotation)
- Working conditions may include small spaces, dust, fumes/odors, hot/cold temperatures, inside/outside noise, vibration, standing on concrete for long hours and wet or uneven surfaces
Location:On-site –Nampa, ID
If this job description resonates with you, we encourage you to apply, even if you don’t meet all the requirements. We’re interested in getting to know you and what you bring to the table!
Personalized benefits that support personal well-being and growth:
JLL recognizes the impact that the workplace can have on your wellness, so we offer a supportive culture and comprehensive benefits package that prioritizes mental, physical and emotional health. Some of these benefits may include:
401(k) plan with matching company contributions
Comprehensive Medical, Dental & Vision Care
Paid parental leave at 100% of salary
Paid Time Off and Company Holidays
Flexible and Remote Work Arrangements may be available
About JLL –
For over 200 years, JLL (NYSE: JLL), a leading global commercial real estate and investment management company, has helped clients buy, build, occupy, manage and invest in a variety of commercial, industrial, hotel, residential and retail properties. A Fortune 500® company with annual revenue of $20.9 billion and operations in over 80 countries around the world, our more than 103,000 employees bring the power of a global platform combined with local expertise. Driven by our purpose to shape the future of real estate for a better world, we help our clients, people and communities SEE A BRIGHTER WAY. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit jll.com.
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement.
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For candidates in the United States, please see a full copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here.
This position may require you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If required, you’ll be asked to provide proof that you’re fully vaccinated upon your start date. You’re considered fully vaccinated two weeks after you receive the second dose of a two-dose vaccine series (e.g., Pfizer or Moderna) or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (e.g., Johnson & Johnson/Janssen). Failure to provide proof of vaccination may result in termination.
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may contact us at Accommodation Requests. This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.ID:uDnQdo