Control System Tech
JLL supports the Whole You, personally and professionally.
Our people at JLL are shaping the future of real estate for a better world by combining world class services, advisory and technology to our clients. We are committed to hiring the best, most talented people in our industry; and we support them through professional growth, flexibility, and personalized benefits to manage life in and outside of work. Whether you’ve got deep experience in commercial real estate, skilled trades, and technology, or you’re looking to apply your relevant experience to a new industry, we empower you to shape a brighter way forward so you can thrive professionally and personally.
About the Role
As a Control Systems Technician, you will focus on equipment troubleshooting and maintaining material handling equipment (MHE) such as conveyors, sortation systems, scanners, cameras, print and apply labeling systems, scales, HMI systems, and control cabinets. We are committed to improvement; you will be encouraged to participate in career development opportunities as presented to progress your career. We are committed to improvement; you will be encouraged to participate in career development opportunities as presented to progress your career at JLL.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- Promote a safe working environment by following all safety procedures
- Maintain material handling control systems, industrial, motor control systems, servo and frequency drives, and electrical distribution systems
- Monitor Material Handling Equipment (MHE) metrics and partner with Controls Technicians and Mechanics to resolve equipment electrical problems that create performance deficiencies
- Utilize Operation System Assessment reports to improve material handling system reliability through preventive maintenance tasks completion and identifies deficiency repairs
- Escalate to operations and network support resources for guidance and assistance to restore equipment back to operational mode with minimal downtime impact for Operations
- Communicate technical issues to RME and Operations Leadership
- Travel up to 20% at a minimum.
- Completed Associates degree from an accredited university or equivalent work experience
- Ability to work flexible schedules/shifts/areas, including weekends, nights, and/or holidays
- 1 year of experience working with computers and Microsoft Office (Including Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Associates degree in Electronic Technology (or similar)
- 2+ years apprenticeship or equivalent experience in Control Systems troubleshooting/ programming
- 2+ years of experience with Motor Controls (motor starts, variable frequency drives, DC drives, and standard electrical components)
- 2+ years of experience with repair of control network components
- 1+ years of experience with HMI components
- 1+ years of experience with Programmable Logic Controls (PLC) programs
- 1+ years of experience with Industrial electrical hands-on experience and troubleshooting
- Experience supporting a range of different conveyors and sortation systems
- Project Management experience with the ability to train others
- Experience with robotic maintenance
- Experience with AB RS LOGIX 5000 PLC’s and PLC components
- Experience with SCADA systems and KPIs
- Repetitive bending, crouching, kneeling, reaching, twisting, sitting, standing, and walking
- Lifting parts and tools weighing on average 20 pounds, occasionally weighing up to 49 pounds
- Dexterity in eye/hand coordination, feet (foot pedals) manual (picking, pinching, holding, grasping), and wrist motion (repetitive flexion/rotation)
- Working conditions may include small spaces, dust, fumes/odors, hot/cold temperatures, inside/outside noise, vibration, standing on concrete for long hours and wet or uneven surfaces
If this job description resonates with you, we encourage you to apply, even if you don’t meet all the requirements. We’re interested in getting to know you and what you bring to the table!
Personalized benefits that support personal well-being and growth:
JLL recognizes the impact that the workplace can have on your wellness, so we offer a supportive culture and comprehensive benefits package that prioritizes mental, physical and emotional health. Some of these benefits may include:
401(k) plan with matching company contributions
Comprehensive Medical, Dental & Vision Care
Paid parental leave at 100% of salary
Paid Time Off and Company Holidays
Flexible and Remote Work Arrangements may be available
About JLL –
We’re JLL—a leading professional services and investment management firm specializing in real estate. We have operations in over 80 countries and a workforce of over 102,000 individuals around the world who help real estate owners, occupiers and investors achieve their business ambitions. As a global Fortune 500 company, we also have an inherent responsibility to drive sustainability and corporate social responsibility. That’s why we’re committed to our purpose to shape the future of real estate for a better world. We’re using the most advanced technology to create rewarding opportunities, amazing spaces and sustainable real estate solutions for our clients, our people, and our communities.
Our core values of teamwork, ethics and excellence are also fundamental to everything we do and we’re honored to be recognized with awards for our success by organizations both globally and locally.
Creating a diverse and inclusive culture where we all feel welcomed, valued, and empowered to achieve our full potential is important to who we are today and where we’re headed in the future. And we know that unique backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives help us think bigger, spark innovation, and succeed together.
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement.
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For candidates in the United States, please see a full copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here.
This position may require you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If required, you’ll be asked to provide proof that you’re fully vaccinated upon your start date. You’re considered fully vaccinated two weeks after you receive the second dose of a two-dose vaccine series (e.g., Pfizer or Moderna) or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (e.g., Johnson & Johnson/Janssen). Failure to provide proof of vaccination may result in termination.
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may contact us at Accommodation Requests. This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.