Applied Composites Engineering, Inc.
San Diego, CA
Working under the Controller, the Junior Controller oversees the Financial and Accounting Department and manages the business's financial reporting, budgets, and internal control processes. Partners with senior management in defining the global Finance and Accounting strategic plan. Ensures financial business processes comply with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), including GAAP accounting, financial reporting, budgeting, and forecast preparation.
About AC: Come and join the Applied Composites team. We are a leading provider of complex composite components, assemblies, engineering, and tooling to the aerospace, defense, and space system markets. Our employees are treated with respect, and given the support, knowledge, and resources they need to thrive. If you are looking for a company that values and develops its employees while offering engaging work, Applied Composites may be the place for you.
- Partners with other senior management in defining the global Finance and Accounting strategic plan while ensuring the company's financial performance maximization.
- Manages all accounting operations while monitoring costs and capital expenditures.
- Ensures timely and complete financial statements and oversees the preparation of the corporate annual report.
- Accurately reports the organization's operations' financial results and financial statements per Generally Accepted Principles (GAAP) and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Manages the financial reporting, budgets, and internal processes.
- Directs the budget preparation, financial forecasts, and report variances.
- Develops business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Prepares reports that summarize and forecast business activity and financial position in income, expenses, and earnings based on past, present, and future operations.
- Provides financial analyses for capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations.
- Responsible for the company audit and provision of information to external auditors.
- Maintain effective internal controls, accounting procedures, and processes.
- Advises management in interpreting and utilizing managerial accounting information.
- Manage staff selection, interviewing, selecting qualified candidates, training, and staff development to ensure team competencies and capabilities to reach the business goals and expectations.
Education: Post-Secondary Degree in Accounting or equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience that will allow successful performance of job expectation
Years Experience: 7 years of relevant experience, 3 years experience in a managerial role in a finance environment required
- Possesses advanced knowledge of accounting, financial reporting, and analysis acquired through work experience in increasingly complex roles.
- Ability to define and execute a Finance and Accounting strategic plan to maximize the company's financial performance.
- Ability to anticipate internal or external business challenges/regulatory issues and make recommendations.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, oral communication, presentation, and facilitator skills with the ability to negotiate, influence, and interact effectively with stakeholders at all levels of the organization, exercising sensitivity to the audience.
- Possesses excellent leadership, team building, and managerial skills with the ability to direct, energize, motivate, train, coach, assess, evaluate, and develop teams.
- Possesses strong strategic/analytical, goal-setting, budgetary management, and financial measurement skills.
- Capable of driving change transformation and strategy execution to achieve specific business results.
- Possess superior organizational and time management skills with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work efficiently under multiple competing projects/deadlines, prioritizing/reprioritizing as needed to meet departmental and business commitments and objectives.
- Ability to travel to all Applied Composites locations and client locations as needed
At Applied Composites, we recognize how important your career and benefits are to you and your family. We offer a full suite of benefits, including medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability coverage, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, basic and supplemental life insurance, employee assistance plan, retirement savings and matching, tuition reimbursement, and other developmental opportunities. We are committed to supporting the way you live and work.
AC is an Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled - Affirmative Action Employer.
This position requires using information subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ''Green Card Holder'', Political Asylee, or Refugee.