Steeger USA, LLC
About Us:Design Group operates from more than 45 offices in the United States and India, providing engineering, consulting and technical services for the world’s leading companies in the food and beverage, life sciences, advanced technology, industrial and other market sectors. Our nearly 1,500 technical and engineering experts have direct industry experience in industrial automation, control system integration, facility and process engineering, architecture, construction management, regulatory compliance, enterprise technology and other consulting services.
Barry-Wehmiller is a diversified global supplier of engineering consulting and manufacturing technology for the packaging, corrugating, sheeting and paper-converting industries. By blending people-centric leadership with disciplined operational strategies and purpose-driven growth, Barry-Wehmiller has become a $3 billion organization with nearly 12,000 team members united by a common belief: to use the power of business to build a better world.
When you join Design Group as a Controls Engineer, you are joining a team that will challenge you and position you for growth. In this role, you will work with a team of industry experts to help the world’s leading companies solve their most difficult problems. You will join our Control System Integration Practice and partner with seasoned leaders, technical specialists, and subject matter experts to deliver the highest quality solutions to our clients with consistency and accuracy.
What You’ll Do
You'll work individually and in teams to support capital projects and implement solutions for our clients. Together, you will help our clients make critical changes to improve their performance and realize their most important goals.
- Develop automation solutions and participate in various phases of automation projects including creating design specifications, software configuration and testing, and the commissioning and start-up of a variety of high speed and other automated manufacturing processes
- Design automation control systems and create project documentation and drawings to meet client requirements
- Diagnose automation problems
- Interface with teams, clients and vendors
- Configure software and hardware packages according to client design specifications
- Program PLCs (Allen-Bradley, Rockwell) and HMI/SCADAs (FactoryTalk, Cimplicity, Wonderware, Ignition)
- Communicate plan progress to project stakeholders
- Manage engineering projects
- Manage project deliverables to agreed schedule and scope
- Manage site construction and installation
- Manage site start-up support of integrated control systems
- Validate and commission facility systems following established execution protocols, and ensure the successful turnover of the system to the customer
- Make an impact day-to-day with your skills and expertise, strengthening that relationship with our clients and team
What You’ll Bring
- A track record of proficiency in control systems, troubleshooting, and high intensity environments
- A minimum of two years of direct experience as a controls engineer working on automated processes/system integration in a food, beverage, consumer health product, or other industrial manufacturing environment
- Experience in creating and designing automation controls systems (PLC, SCADA)
- A solid understanding of industrial control panel design and fabrication (UL508A)
- A solid understanding of instrumentation and controls (I&C)
- A solid understanding of engineering documentation (P&IDs, process flow diagram, standard operating procedures)
- Experience with field instrumentation, control system installation, and configuration
- Familiarity with machine safety applications, electrical power distribution, and control panel design
- Proficiency in written and verbal technical communication, including generating reports and conducting group presentations
- A willingness to travel for project requirements including installation and start-up activities, client and company sponsored meetings, trainings, industry related seminars, forums, and conventions
- A bachelor’s degree in electrical, mechanical, chemical engineering or similar technical field (preferred)
- Prior data center automation experience will be given special consideration
Our culture and commitment to our people is what sets us apart. We foster an environment of mutual respect, integrity, and unconditional interest in the individual and collective success of our professionals. Our model and entrepreneurial mindset offer a rewarding, challenging, and highly flexible path. As a Controls Engineer, you will build a meaningful and fulfilling career with the support of professional development resources and mentorships including our First Year Experience program, Individual Development Plans, and Career Path resources and tools. You will be surrounded by exceptional talent who will support your development as both a world-class engineer and a highly effective leader.
Feel like you're on the path to becoming a Controls Engineer but you're not quite there yet? We'd love to connect with you to see if we can take you from where you are today and grow you into a Design Group Engineering Consultant.
At Barry-Wehmiller we recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. We know that our differences often can bring about innovation, excellence and meaningful work—therefore, people from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require reasonable accommodations during the interview process. Barry-Wehmiller is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V This organization uses E-Verify.
Applicants may be subject to pre-employment screening which may include drug screening, reference checks, employment verifications, background screening and/or skills assessments.
Company:Design Group ID:uDnQdo