Controls Engineer (E)
Continue Your Career as a Controls/Project Engineer in a Growing Company
At ProMach, we’re looking for people who want to shine. You’ll have opportunities to take your career in the direction you desire. You can be creative. Strategic. Persuasive. Influential. A mechanical marvel. A customer service authority. Meticulous. A closer. A futurist.
You’ll be challenged and rewarded. Make friends and have fun. Improve our customers’ packaging performance and efficiency every day. Help build the future of packaging automation. We’re proud of that and hope you will be too.
Do we have your attention? Keep reading.
The Controls/Project Engineer is responsible for the design and specification of the electrical system on Pro Mach projects and initiatives. This position will provide electrical engineering support for one of our largest customers at a new automated facility in the Martinsburg, WV area. In this role you will….
- Create full design packages including BOM, detail drawings, assembly drawings and layouts;
- Check & validate all final design documentation, parts lists and drawings according to design & contract requirements, to ensure completeness & accuracy;
- Review and interpret customer and vendor drawings and specifications
- Design or coordinate the design of wiring schematics and power distribution
- Write or Modify PLC and HMI code
- Troubleshoot electrical and software automation issues
- Provide construction and power up support
- Prepare contractor and scope of work instructions
- Prepares electrical layout and detailed drawings and schematics.
- Interpret technical specifications & application parameters;
- Participate in necessary project and product meetings.
Who we’re looking for?
- 5+ years of Electrical Engineering experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or diploma in Electrical Technology
- Experience with production line design and working with end users in a consulting capacity
- Experience with power distribution (480-600V).
- Experience with communications networks
- PLC programming experience in Allen Bradley is required. Experience in Siemens PLCs is an asset.
- Experience with industrial robots is an asset
- Experience with Factory Talk Studio and Wonderware would be preferred.
- Servo system design and programming experience would be preferred.
- Solid AutoCAD skills required.
- Good knowledge of North American electrical standards for equipment manufacturing
What’s in it for you?
There's no monopoly on good ideas or limits to how far you can advance with our team. We offer an open, communicative environment that fosters individual initiative. We pride ourselves in being a company where people choose to build a career.
In addition to growth opportunities, as a ProMach employee, you receive more than just a paycheck. Total compensation includes your salary, comprehensive medical/dental/vision programs, as well as life insurance, a generous paid time off program, and a retirement savings plan with a company match. And because we understand the importance of feeling protected, there is no waiting period for benefits – you are eligible on your first day of employment!
We have been named to the Inc. 5,000 list of fastest growing private companies in the U.S. seven times. We continue to introduce innovative products, enter new markets, expand our global presence, and actively acquire new capabilities.
We have the rewards, opportunities, and the market strengths of a large organization combined with the entrepreneurial culture of a small, fast-paced company. You will enjoy the benefits of working with a growing company that competes globally with the personal touch and feel of a smaller company where you can make an impact every day.
A single source of integrated solutions with global reach and a world of experience, Zarpac is a network of technical experts working together to deliver the most efficient and economical solutions, anywhere in the world. Integration, engineering, design/build, data collection, advanced analytics, machine forensics, track and trace, and more: Zarpac delivers innovation from every corner, creating complete solutions from ProMach’s best-in-class packaging partners and beyond.
ProMach is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Pro Mach uses E-Verify to verify employment eligibility of all new hires to work in the United States. Pro Mach is a drug-free workplace.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.