Controls Systems Designer
Be part of the future!
We are one team, dedicated to working collaboratively to create the purposeful solutions that propel the world forward. We hope you will join our diverse team of top people – you bring your talent, and we’ll give you the space and opportunities to grow and succeed. We are committed to make a difference.
What we offer:
- Competitive Starting Pay
- Paid Training
- Global Advancement Opportunities
- Company Vehicle (as applicable)
- Referral Bonuses
- Comprehensive Benefits
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with company match
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness Program
- And More!
What you will do:
Under direct supervision and using established standards, responsible for hardware designs and software programming for HVAC control systems to meet the intent of the project requirements. Provides detailed information and submittals to communicate design and operation to customers, consultants, Johnson Controls field installation team and subcontractors. Responds to basic warranty calls.
How you will do it:
- Selects hardware designs from standard design library for flow diagrams, sequence of operations, bill of material, network layouts and electrical schematics as required.
- Performs software programming using established standards as a basis of design.
- Coordinates the creation of necessary drawings and equipment schedules for submittals and installation.
- Selects, orders, and tracks the delivery of materials for assigned projects. Coordinates factory-mounting processes to meet factory and project schedule.
- Assists in the loading and commissioning of all system and network-level controllers as required. Assists in validation of complete system functionality and troubleshoots problems with subcontractors and other trades to ensure proper operation.
- Gathers field changes from the project team and creates as-built drawings and software. Prepares proper documentation and/or manuals for system operation.
- Keeps management and JCI contractor or customer informed of job progress and issues.
- Coordinates with project owners to determine engineering & field execution task responsibilities.
- Assists in performing site-specific training for owner/operator on the total system.
- Completes paperwork including but not limited to time sheets, expense reports, and on-site documentation.
- Adheres to safety standards. High degree of regard to employee and subcontractor safety.
What we look for:
- Demonstrated knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and control systems.
- Demonstrated technical aptitude.
- Demonstrated advanced computer skills required.
- Associates or Bachelors Degree in Mechanical /Electrical Engineering or Computer Science or 5 + years in the HVAC field.
- Experience with installing and/or commissioning controls systems including system-level controllers – or – experience designing or evaluating mechanical/electrical building systems or control systems.
Johnson Controls International plc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any other characteristic protected by law. To view more information about your equal opportunity and non-discrimination rights as a candidate, visit EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit here.ID:uDnQdo