Controls Systems Technician
High Point, NC
Be part of the future!
We are one team, dedicated to working collaboratively to create purposeful solutions that propel the world forward. We hope you will join our diverse team of top people – you bring your talent, and we will give you the space and opportunities to grow and succeed. We are committed to making a difference.
What we offer:
- Competitive Starting Pay
- Paid Training
- Global Advancement Opportunities
- Company Vehicle (as applicable)
- Referral Bonuses
- Comprehensive Benefits
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with company match
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness Program
- And More!
What you will do:
- Performs assigned system commissioning using Johnson Controls configuration and commissioning tools
- Troubleshoots and resolves basic HVAC mechanical, electrical, and control problems
- Responds to basic warranty calls
How you will do it:
- Loads system-level controller software. Performs basic commissioning and system diagnostics from system-level controllers to end devices (i.e. sensors, actuators, etc) and completes all required commissioning documentation
- Keeps management and JCI contractor or customer informed of job progress and issues
- Calibrates systems requiring basic electronic test equipment
- Completes administrative tasks including but not limited to time sheets, expense reports, and on-site documentation
- Documents changes and provides information for as-built documentation
- Communicates with the JCI contractor or customer upon arrival and before leaving the work site
- Follows all safety standards and attends required safety training. High degree of regard to employee and subcontractor safety
What we look for:
- Demonstrated technical aptitude
- Able to use hand and power tools (i.e., drills, saws, etc.)
- Basic computer skills required
- Attention to detail
- Effective communication and listening skills
- Depending on location, the mounting and termination of low voltage devices may have special licensing requirements
- Two years’ experience in installing electronic and/or mechanical systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge of HVAC systems.
Johnson Controls International plc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any other characteristic protected by law. To view more information about your equal opportunity and non-discrimination rights as a candidate, visit EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit here.ID:uDnQdo