Dairy Farmers of America
Le Mars, IA
- The Cooler Lead employee is responsible for efficiently and accurately performing any combination of receiving, storing and distributing tasks to assist in the distribution of product. This position may relieve other cooler operators or supervisors while they are on vacation or otherwise off work.
- Provide management support duties in the absence of a supervisor NOT to include employee discipline.
- Accurately document all cooler operations, shift performance/handovers, incident reports and management.
- Familiarity with all applicable equipment and provide quality inspections on all related items.
- Loads/unloads stacks and moved items as assigned
- Sort, bundle and fill containers or place in assembled units
- Mark or place identifying labels on product loads, ensuring that all finished product is coded properly
- Record movement of stock in and out of work areas
- Load and unload trucks
- Monitor materials, products and equipment at each step of the process and reports irregularities
- Completes all required paperwork in an accurate and timely manner
- Ability to maintain a valid forklift license issued by the Company
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Utilizing continuous improvement mindset, assist in identifying opportunities to improve processes.
- Maintains a clean, sanitary and safe work area
- Follow all required work safe practices. This would include wearing of all required PPE in designated areas, confined space safety, safe chemical handling, fall restraints, etc.
- Responsible for food safety, pre-requisite programs and food quality related to designated area.
- Report any food safety and food quality related issues to management immediately.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Schedule: Start time 6PM or 7 PM to 2:30 AM or 3:30 AM or finish Every Sat. off with a rotating day off during the week.