Cooler – UHT DC Nights
Battle Creek, MI
Title: Cooler Associate- UHT DC
Classification/Job Grade: Hourly
Location: Battle Creek, MI
Department: UHT Warehouse
Supervised by: Supervisor
Our Cooler positions are fun and fast paced. They are critical roles for our UHT Distribution Center (hand packing warehouse) to ensure we get product to our customers, timely. This job requires someone who enjoys working closely with others and can communicate effectively. We are looking for individuals who don’t mind working hard and in cold temperatures of 34 degrees to move and load product for our customers.
The ideal candidate will be able to work a rotating schedule 6am to 6pm. Rotation is as follows: on 3 days, off 3 days, on 2 days, off 2 days, on 3 days, off 2 days. Rotating back to on 3, off 3.
This is a great opportunity to establish yourself in a secure company with a 75+ year history of success. We are proud to be comprised of more than 800 farm families throughout the Midwest. Since 1938, we have been producing high quality products for you and your family.
Pay starts at $18.00 an hour with a $2.00 shift differential on nights!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Executes warehouse department orders and packaging of shipments
- Loads and unloads material onto or from pallets, trays, racks, and shelves
- Pulls stacks of product from refrigerated trailer and/or pallets
- Load stacks of product onto refrigerated route trucks
- Maintains load out dock clean
- Executes varied tasks with quality and completion, timely
- Follows all company policies and procedures regarding GMPs, SOPs and Quality standards
- Effectively utilize time available to achieve results through prioritizing demands
- Maintains an air of professionalism and communicates effectively
- Demonstrates problem solving and decision making ability, as needed
- Must demonstrate proficiency in essential tasks of the job and a willingness to learn
- Other duties as assigned or required
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be frequently exposed moving mechanical parts and forklifts
- The employee is occasionally exposed to wet / humid / cold conditions (non-weather)
- The noise level in the work environment may be loud
- The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and sit
- The employee may occasionally be required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
Prairie Farms, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. This job overview is not all inclusive. In addition, reserves the right to amend this job overview at any time.