Coordinator, Community & Talent Relations
Hearst Communications, Inc.
Overview & Responsibilities
The Coordinator, Community & Talent Relations will be responsible for assisting in the development and implementation of strategic publicity campaigns, support On-Air Talent Relations and other Community driven activations for Hearst Televisions direct-to-consumer streaming service, Very Local. This candidate will report into the Manager, Community & Talent Relations.
- Support internal and external communication needs for all Very Local original programming.
- Update and maintain Very Local press contacts lists, status reports and monthly press clippings.
- Assist with drafting press releases, talking points, series synopsis, deck, bios and other materials as needed.
- Staff and coordinate talent press opportunities, including interviews and events.
- Assist with all press and talent social reporting and tracking.
- Assist with cross departmental collaboration efforts (programming, production, web and social media) and ensure delivery of key project deadlines.
- Coordinate and participate in department brainstorms to generate “out of the box” ideas that support series launch campaigns.
- Select and distribute weekly premiere and episodic social assets to talent.
- Coordinate talent milestone gifting.
- Coordinate travel arrangements and itineraries for talent.
- Execute administrative duties including scheduling of meetings, T&E processing.
- Provide general support including meeting schedules, notes, agendas, attendees, materials and follow-up plans.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, ideally in Marketing, Communications or a similar field.
- 1-2 years of relevant experience
- Well-organized with the ability to handle multiple projects from start to finish
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Creative thinker and ability to wear many hats
- Proactive with the ability to anticipate needs in a fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated, with a desire to learn and grow quickly
- Natural demonstration of emotional intelligence
- Strong and thoughtful communicator
- Strong knowledge of social media landscape and familiarity with various social media platforms.
- Knowledge of the media industry and streaming landscape, up to date on industry trends and emerging media a plus.