Core Network Technology Consultant
CCI Systems, Inc.
Location: Position requires travel so the candidate can be located anywhere within the US.
Why CCI? CCI Systems, Inc. is an Employee-Owned solution provider specializing in telecommunications, comprehensive network assessments, industry-leading engineering, drafting and design services, and 24/7 support services. Come join our team of engineers and experts that guide our customers toward the right choices to future-proof their network for years to come. Our outstanding team-based work culture and environment has allowed us to grow, develop, and retain long-term employees. We value our employees’ hard work and determination and REWARD results all while having fun!
Our mission is to make life better by connecting people through innovative communication systems.
We are seeking a Core Network Technology Consultant for our Technical Field Services (TFS) division to provide technical expertise pertaining to all aspects of broadband networks. This includes, but is not limited to, fiber-based networks, FTTH networks, hybrid fiber coax (HFC) networks, and copper-based networks.
- Assess Outside Plant (OSP), Inside Plant (ISP), Core Network, Optical Transport, Network Designs, and Architectures to provide recommendations to customers.
- Work with clients and other team members to define, collect, and analyze data based on project requirements.
- Perform Network Assessments and write concise reports once complete.
- Continually improve processes and quality pertaining to assessments to meet customer needs.
- Prepare and deliver frequent presentations explaining results and benefits to customers, crafting complex solutions, and configuring products and services to meet specific customer business needs and objectives.
- Consultant required to provide solutions, bill of materials, scope of work, and labor estimations.
- Collaborate with other stakeholders to understand and develop project deliverables, design, challenges, and timelines.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned by management.
- Engineering degree or equivalent experience.
- Consulting background and 5+ years’ experience in telecommunications field.
- 5+ years’ experience in broadband networks including, but not limited to, fiber, hybrid fiber coax (HFC), and copper.
- Experience in Core Network configuration along with strategy planning towards future development.
- Experience with various manufacturers network equipment such as: Ciena, Cisco, Juniper, CommScope, ATX, CASA, Harmonics, Calix, Nokia, and Adtran.
- Certifications related to broadband networks such as: Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP), or similar preferred.
- Full understanding of networking concepts and IP networks.
- Proficient in MS Office and various web-based applications.
- Able to work independently on projects and take direction from teammates and develop skills to advance professionally.
- Ability to create technical documents, presentations, and diagrams.
- Document and create diagrams of networks, relevant processes, and troubleshooting steps.
- Ability to think critically and analyze the data to provide the best solutions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to take direction and work within timelines.
- Demonstrates leadership skills to positively influence others, mentor, and collaborate with teammates, communicate on the level of others, listen, and understand people in circumstances common in the workplace.
- The ability to embrace corporate values, understand the company vision, and exemplify CCI leadership behaviors.
Shift is Monday-Friday between the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. CST but must be able to work outside normal business hours when required.
- Approximately 50-75% travel is required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
- This is a remote position when not traveling.