Core Technician – Assembly Technician
Eden Prairie, MN
Do you enjoy technical work and working with your hands? Would you like to work at an award winning company that was named, Top Work Places in 2023? Is this sounds like you then apply today. We will put you through an internal Starkey training program here at our Eden Prairie, MN Global Headquarters, to join our Core Technician team! The Core Technician is responsible for various hearing aid line positions to ensure proper assembly of custom-made hearing aid products. This is first shift position, hours are 6am - 2:30pm, Monday - Thursday. Starkey offers a full benefits package which includes, 401k, generous PTO, onsite cafeteria and Wellness Center.
At Starkey, we are in the business of connecting people and changing lives. As a world leader in the manufacturing and delivering of advanced hearing solutions, we go to work each day to ensure every person on the planet has the opportunity to hear their very best. Founded in 1967, Starkey is known for its innovative design, development and distribution of comprehensive digital hearing systems.
Headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, Starkey has more than 5,000 employees globally, operates 29+ facilities and does business in more than 100 markets worldwide. Here’s a video about the people behind Starkey’s groundbreaking innovation:
- Planning: Prepare the shell and plate for wiring while ensuring that all options will be placed correctly in the hearing aid.
- Plan where options will fit on the faceplate, and where vent should be placed.
- Drill vent and sound holes.
- Inspect box for correct label and parts.
- Casing: Verify sound and cosmetic quality of hearing aids
- Listen to the hearing aids for sound quality and adjusts alleviate oscillation or feedback.
- Check for any cosmetic defects, repair as necessary
- Cut, Trim, Bevel and Buff hearing aid.
- Cut off excess plastic, bevel, and buff aid to desired look.
- Finaling: Ensure hearing aid final appearance is up to standard and ensure all options are added according to design specifications
- Verify the functionality and quality of the hearing aid,
- Add all Final options.
- Wire: Wire aid from start to finish using correct components according to CQ.
- Add options (i.e. pots, caps, switches, wireless, etc.) to plates according to Design and CQ.
- Listen test aid to ensure aid and options are working properly.
- Check drain and verify drain is within specs with CQ.
- Verify correct components and wire correctly if aid is not working properly.
- RTA: Operate the real time analyzer
- Ensure the hearing aid is cosmetically correct.
- Conduct a listen check on each aid.
- Ensure the hearing aid is within ANSI specifications.
- Hearing Aid Analyzing: Analyze Custom and Standard Hearing Aid Devices
- Analyze Hearing Aids/Customer complaints using electronic equipment (multi-meter, drain meter, RTA)
- Analyze Hearing Aids/Customer complaints using Inspire Software
- Record component failures, Code complaint and actions, Order replacement parts
- Record failures using the Pareto System and CQ Repair Analysis System
- Record repair codes on order form
- Order Replacement parts on order form
- Communicate Quality issues
- Communicate quality issue to PM-Quality-Technicians
- Attend Departmental meetings and communicate issues with components and procedures
- Communicate Information to Tech Support
- Complete Repair Analysis Worksheets
- Act as back-up on other team positions as needed.
- Flex into other positions when needed.
- Ability to read and comprehend information on standard work instructions
- Certification is reached once employee reaches Certifications Standards of job knowledge, quality measures, and output based on each job function.
- Previous technician work helpful but not required
- Medical assembly preferred
- Small parts assembly preferred
Competencies, Skills & Abilities
- Excellent attention to Details required
- Strong organizational skills desired
- Strong communication skills desired.
- Good hand-eye coordination required.
- Good manual dexterity required.
- Good hearing to test sound of aid desired