Corporate Accounting Analyst (Talent Pipeline)
Steeger USA, LLC
Barry-Wehmiller is a diversified global supplier of engineering consulting and manufacturing technology for the packaging, corrugating, sheeting and paper-converting industries. By blending people-centric leadership with disciplined operational strategies and purpose-driven growth, Barry-Wehmiller has become a $3 billion organization with nearly 12,000 team members united by a common belief: to use the power of business to build a better world.
We have an excellent opportunity for accounting professionals to join our Corporate Finance Team and serve as a finance business partner to Barry Wehmiller’s corporate functions. The Corporate Accounting Analyst serves a vital role in ensuring the accuracy and timeliness of the corporate function’s actuals, forecast, and budget. This role works closely with the Corporate Finance Team to simplify and standardize processes and drive operational efficiencies across the organization.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
- Assist in maintaining corporate general ledgers, ensuring transactions are recorded and balances are reported in accordance with U.S. GAAP and company policy.
- Perform month-end close process/tasks, including preparation and review of journal entries and account reconciliations/analysis in line with the monthly and quarterly close schedules.
- Support the maintenance of the OneStream consolidation and reporting platform and assist with monthly consolidation processes including consolidated account analysis and elimination and reconciliation of intercompany transaction activity.
- Assist in preparation of monthly consolidated financial statements and management reports and perform monthly financial statement review, research and analysis.
- Assist with the preparation of corporate function budgets and monthly forecast updates and support monthly budget to actual analysis process.
- Prepare balance sheet and P&L account analyses and other supporting documentation, schedules, and calculations and support external audit process.
- Participate in the design of efficient and effective processes, improve existing accounting policies and procedures and other ad hoc projects as needed.
- Strong analytical, technical, problem solving and organizational skills
- Able to manage multiple tasks, set priorities and make decisions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A high level of integrity, accuracy and dependability and superior work ethic
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels within the organization in a professional manner
- Ability to converse with the requisite financial acumen with division accounting, operations, treasury, tax and auditors as needed
- Self-motivated and ability to excel with minimum supervision
- Focus on continuous quality improvement and effective change agent
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, with advanced Excel skills a plus
- Exposure to a consolidation application a plus
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 1-3 years of accounting experience required
- Public accounting or industry experience preferred
- CPA certification or planning to obtain CPA certification is highly preferred
At Barry-Wehmiller we recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. We know that our differences often can bring about innovation, excellence and meaningful work—therefore, people from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require reasonable accommodations during the interview process. Barry-Wehmiller is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V This organization uses E-Verify.
Applicants may be subject to pre-employment screening which may include drug screening, reference checks, employment verifications, background screening and/or skills assessments.
Company:BW Corporate US ID:uDnQdo